Diablo II LOD

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Re: Diablo II LOD

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Niteowl wrote:If you guys really loved LOD, you'd pony up the 12 dollars or whatever it is to BUY a copy! Sheesh! :P

Oh, and I'm trying a summoner necro (skellis and a clay golem (for slows)), I'm not sure if it's going to work though. Even though the gamefaqs is telling me it should. The biggest problem is that the skellies like, IMMEDIATELY explode when they attack diablo. God, why won't this Summoner build work!??!?!?!

1) LOD is not 12 bucks.... D2 + Lod is more like 38 bucks still.....which is outrageous, I'll just save the cash for d3....

2) Summoner Necro is one of the easiest classes to play. As for diablo....the trick is to use decrepify. When you Decrep him and add the golem's slow (and maybe some more slow via a cold damage weapon on your merc if you like), Diablo gets so sluggish he practically forgets to use his powerful spells. Then you just surround him with skeletons while constantly decrepifying him until he dies. Piece of cake. I think the only class that has an easier time killing Diablo is a concentrate barb....

and actually, doing nothing but casting Decrepify is basically how a summoner necro kills all the act bosses....it's so easy you'll get bored.
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for the tip Meora! I did use decrepify.. but my merc and skellies still died. I had to melee him myself. Painful.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:37 pm

hmmmm. what level were you when you fought him?

If you just reached level 30 then yeah you might have some trouble...I would fight him when you've reached more like lvl35

That's generally no problem for me because I always play in 8-player difficulty by myself...so the experience gain is huge and by the time i get to diablo i'm more like level 38....
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Fallout, where are you? I need to offload some crap I've been carrying around and stuff.

When are you usually on?
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm on when I'm on. I made us a mule account also.

I'll also be on tonight for a bit.
My password was eaten by a rather large space goat. Egads.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby Niteowl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

Uhm, alrighty. I'm usually on around 730ish PM PST to about 10ish or so.

Hey, you know what i saw on a posting board in the student union building today? "Will Buy Your Diablo 2 and Expansion CDs". Crazy!
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 am

Ok, around 0930 CST. I swear, with the invention of technology like the light bulb, we need to make hemispheric time zones or something. It's ridiculous someone a paltry distance for 1000 miles away is in a completely different time.
My password was eaten by a rather large space goat. Egads.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Previous

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)