Diablo II LOD

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Re: Diablo II LOD

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Nah, Thunderstorm is basically useless in Hell, it barely does any damage. My primary attacks were lightning and chain lightning, both which are quite powerful. Actually anything that isn't lightning immune get's it's ass kicked by lightning sorcs....at level 83 my sorc's Lightning averages 7000 damage with +skills items, and chain lightning averages 3000 and jumps 12 times.....

It's possible to beat hell with lightning sorc alright....but your equipment has to be very good.

My mercenary was an act2 freezer wearing all runeword items: Hand of Justice polearm, a Delirium helm, and Fortitude armor. It takes a *while* to gather all those runes lol

And my sorc had a Infinity polearm in her secondary weapon slot to reduce enemy lightning resistance. Usually it works, but some monsters have lightning resist that's so high it can't be broken....hence your mercenary had better be good.

But um yeah....facing Gloams and Soul Reapers is a pain in the ass....they have Lightning attacks that can hit you from offscreen and are themselves lightning immune....it takes some patient teleporting around to kill them. Thank god for Energy Shield....I probably would have died in hell a lot without it. With it, you hardly ever die because it absorbs a lot of damage and gives you time to teleport to safety
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Feyd Rautha » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Ha, I played diablo II, but never knew there was an expansion pack for it. Interesting. Too bad I just can't pay $5 and download it from blizzard.
Feyd
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);
xbox360,PS3,skype: othermark
http://twitter.com/atkin901
Feyd Rautha
Best. Mic. Evar.
Best. Mic. Evar.

Postby Niteowl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:53 am

Man, I just got some pretty phat lewt!!! I got some sort of armor that gives me 900 defense!!! SWEET! But for some reason, I" m having a lot of trouble making/finding a perfect diamond. Damnit! I also go this unqie wolf head thinger (for druids only) that's like +1 to all druid skills, +2 to shapeshifting, and 250 Defense! Holy guacomole! I just might try and learn druid just to use this thing.

Question, should I give my ubar 900 armour to my merc, and use his measly 413 armour? He does seem to be having trouble staying alive in Hell. Ergh!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby Anonymoose » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Does Blizzard still patch or try to upgrade the game at all?
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Niteowl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Blizzard will automagically patch your game when you connect to Battlenet. AR EYOU GOING TO PLAY ??!?! Bnet WEST!!!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Niteowl wrote:Man, I just got some pretty phat lewt!!! I got some sort of armor that gives me 900 defense!!! SWEET! But for some reason, I" m having a lot of trouble making/finding a perfect diamond. Damnit! I also go this unqie wolf head thinger (for druids only) that's like +1 to all druid skills, +2 to shapeshifting, and 250 Defense! Holy guacomole! I just might try and learn druid just to use this thing.

Question, should I give my ubar 900 armour to my merc, and use his measly 413 armour? He does seem to be having trouble staying alive in Hell. Ergh!

You got a 900 defense armor and a +1 skills helm.....and you don't have a perfect diamond yet O_o

just use the horadric cube to put together cheaper diamonds.....monsters will never drop perfects, flawless is the best you can get on a drop
I fear the Onos.

M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:49 am

Niteowl wrote:Blizzard will automagically patch your game when you connect to Battlenet. AR EYOU GOING TO PLAY ??!?! Bnet WEST!!!

Heh, well actually I was wondering if they added any new content or items since I stopped playing. The last patch I think I remember was...1.10? That was a huge content patch. I was curious if they'd released anything since.

As for playing, I'm very tempted. I lost a lot of hours in university to the game. If Blizzard stored the characters for longer than 3 months or whatever it was I might, but right now I'm pretty content to play WoW.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Niteowl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:06 am

Yeah, they don't store the char longer than 3 months :( I dunno why! Well, I know why, but it still peeves me.

As for the perfect diamonds, I got two, but I need one more. What I mean is that I don't have enough smaller diamonds to make a perfect one. Usually by hell I have my 3 pdiamond shield :S

Here's a question, what should i equip my merc with
414 Defense Etheral 4 socket armor
OR
200 Defense Unique armor that increases MAX resistance by 5?
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:39 am

The 4 socket armor.

But don't stick any gems in it....make a proper runeword and your merc will kick ass. Need some patience though. Go here for recipes http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/ ... -110.shtml
I fear the Onos.

M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 am

M373ora Fr34k wrote:The 4 socket armor.

But don't stick any gems in it....make a proper runeword and your merc will kick ass. Need some patience though. Go here for recipes http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/ ... -110.shtml

Damnit. Looking through that list makes me want to play again...
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Bob@Work » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:40 pm

If I remember correctly, Ethereal armor doesn’t deteriorate on a Merc.
Bob@Work
Fogey
Fogey

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:02 pm

yup

and since ethereal also gives bonus to the item (ethereal weapons do more damage, ethereal armor has more defense etc), it's preferred for a merc.
I fear the Onos.

M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 am

Fallout and I are playing on Bnet West. He's playing a Druid, and I'm playing a Sorc, so if you any of you folks want to jump on and swap (or donate, or get) loot, go for it! I've been rushing fallout through a few stages. Good times!

I'm currently RIIIGHT before Duriel HELL, sooo, I might need some help. HURRY UP AND LVL UP FALLOUT!!!
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:46 pm

um well if you wanna connect via virtual LAN i'm all for it....just not battlenet >_>
I fear the Onos.

M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:29 am

If you guys really loved LOD, you'd pony up the 12 dollars or whatever it is to BUY a copy! Sheesh! :P

Oh, and I'm trying a summoner necro (skellis and a clay golem (for slows)), I'm not sure if it's going to work though. Even though the gamefaqs is telling me it should. The biggest problem is that the skellies like, IMMEDIATELY explode when they attack diablo. God, why won't this Summoner build work!??!?!?!
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

PreviousNext

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)