Beef 1, Ragnaros 0 (Well technically 4)

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Postby Zenbu » Fri May 26, 2006 4:39 am

Once you learn the drakonids and get em down, nef is soooooooo easy... just make sure your tank can stance dance, and be ready for class calls - The tanks should know how if you guys are takin down ony alot. Get a hold of him fast when he drops, and deal with the zerg around 30% and you got him. Before the zerg, wait for the class call to make sure it isn't a priest/warrior one when 30% hits, then have the warriors run over and sequentially use their challenging shouts while the AoErs have at em!

On the drakonids, have 2 tanks on each door, then 1 extra (druid or warrior) pick up the chromatics that come out of each as well. Just have the tanks picking up even or odd spawns from each side. Example - North door, tank 1 takes even spawns, tank 2 takes odd spawns, tank 3 gets the chromatics - have a main assist for each side (usually a rogue) that everyone assists to kill the targets fast - they die easy, you just have to concentrate your fire and kill/switch targets as quickly as possible. A few switches might have to take place if you don't know the color combo. (Bronze/black are easy, don't worry about em, Red side needs more healers, blue side needs less casters because they mana burn)

That's just an idea, give it a shot and switch it up if ya feel like it.
Totalt Jävla Mörker

Zenbu
Spewing Fantastic!
Spewing Fantastic!

Postby Anonymoose » Fri May 26, 2006 7:52 am

We tried a few times last night. It turned out a few people didn't have an Ony Scale Cloak so we had to make a quick trip to kill her and get more scales. That chewed up an hour of the night.

The first phase definitely is a pain. During our best attempt we were able to get 16 drakonids down. It seemed that the half of the raid by the right door was wiping while the other half by the left door was all still standing. Not really sure what was going on. Our combo is bronze/green.

I'm pretty sure once we get that phase mastered the rest will be easy. Tanking has never been a problem for us and we usually come into new fights very well prepared.

Thanks for the help.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 26, 2006 12:03 pm

Everyone says the first stage is the hardest, talking to a few guilds on our server some use a warlock to tank a side aoeing and have everyone else just aoe too. 1 Warlock uses his aoe (the one that pulses around him) and he gets shields and heals, and the rest use blizzard and flamestrike, imp blizzard ftw. The other side is all tanks and melee and they burn down the draks 1 by 1 as tanks pick them up. This seemed to work well for them, but they have been doing it a while.

Another strat is where you have all the healers up on the throne, in front of the throne are all teh warriors, and behind them are the aoe'rs. As draks come running for the raid the warriors do their best to grab them and you aoe like crazy.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef
Unwilling Provider of Filet Mignon

Postby Axly » Fri May 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Nef P1 is defnitely the hardest part of the fight. We usually divide the raid in half, each half assigned to deal with each of the two Draconid spawn points. The casters/healers hang out in the area between the hallways so they can, in an emergency, heal the opposite half of the raid. Generally (on each side) we put two warriors to tank, and an additional warrior/druid TNAK to fetch any runaways. Pallies run interference by throwing down consecrate on the edges of the containment areas to try to grab aggro from any runaways too (I assume shaman can fill this same role with snare/taunt totems, but...). The whole goal here is to kill everything w/o getting hurt much and containment is the key. If your healers are running low on mana, then it's over.

Phase 2 is just a dps glide while paying attention to and dealing with the class calls. (this is where alliance gets easy... shaman call == very difficult and pally call == sit back and yawn). It's a good idea to have your warlocks stand a bit away from the raid so the Infernals from their call don't stun healers.

At 25%, have people back off and build up some mana, and wait for an easy class call.

Phase 3 is the Zerg. We run it like the Sons in Ragnaros... casters all gather on the healers' spot while the melee create a protective line. It's a quick AOE-fest. One time I was low on mana, bored, soul-stoned and had a Strat Holy Water burning a hole in my backpack. One toss and it earned me over 4000 dps for the entire Nef fight... and I was dead before my computer un-lagged from drawing so many "500"s :)

Kudos to your stance dancing tanks, too. I play a dwarf priest, so any group I raid with is automatically in fear-ward easy mode.

EDIT: Here's a link to our strategy forum: http://leftoversraiding.org/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/77010864 (and these are a bit dated as I noticed we're already doing the Nef P1 placement differently)
Axly
Axl Gorge
Axl Gorge

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 26, 2006 10:37 pm

Chrom down, working on nef now.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Jaytan » Sun May 28, 2006 3:42 am

This is a cool thread I wish I had seen it sooner. My guild has finished all the raid content in the game currently so I am rather looking forward to naxx going live.
Jaytan
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Anonymoose » Sun May 28, 2006 8:24 am

Well, we made it through Phase 1 succesfully a couple nights ago. Unfortunately, the raid was pretty spent from the first phase so the transition didn't go smoothly and it was out first time. We wiped shortly after but were happy we were able to get that far. Next week we'll see how it goes and hopefully we should be a bit better prepared. We would have tried yesterday but we were short a few warriors.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Woot got my last pieces of EF, 8/8 baby!
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Tainted-Beef » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:46 am

Nef to 54%
Stage 1 is easy if you get priests/shams/druids all dpsing, we are getting into stage 2 fine, we are just having problems with our mt getting feared for a split second and nef shadowflaming half the raid. The shaman call is an ass, we lose basically all of our mana unless we haven't been doing anything all fight, but otherwise not so bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Tainted-Beef » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:35 pm

Nef down, askhandi dropped.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby [cns]Manwich » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:18 pm

beef is lost to the power of the one game

the one game to rule them all

Put the wow pipe down and come play some ns with me.
I ask you to kill Superman, and you can't do that one, simple thing.
[cns]Manwich
Fogey
Fogey

Previous

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)