Beef 1, Ragnaros 0 (Well technically 4)

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Beef 1, Ragnaros 0 (Well technically 4)

Postby Tainted-Beef » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:20 pm

http://files.filefront.com/ragnaroskill ... einfo.html
My WoW guilds first Ragnaros Kill, we got him to 16% in 3 min, better than any other guild on our server has. Besides that 4th pull ever =D. (Trust me that means something to WoW people, for the rest of you just smile and nod.)

Just thought I'd post it so you know I haven't left gaming entirely, my school just sucks for NS =(.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef
Unwilling Provider of Filet Mignon

Postby Anonymoose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:06 pm

If you did it post 1.9 patch it doesn't mean as much. They nerfed him down to 2/3 of his original HP. We weren't able to bring him down pre 1.9 (albeit we'd only been trying it a couple weeks) but after the patch he only has a million health, so he goes down without any problems.

Regardless, grats on the kill and have fun with Razorgore! Probably the most chaotic battle I've ever seen in the game.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:18 am

Razorgore isn't so bad, silly ally. We've got it looking quite orderly, well at least till our hunters go down, a few of them need to practice their jump shot. We are also quite understaffed in the druid department. It is post 1.9, but this is still the server best for our server (small server) and on our first kill =P, and we are not that well geared yet, we just have a lot of VERY skilled players, who are trying to play wow, do endgame content and be in a flexable mature guild.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:23 am

You get to Vael yet?
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:49 am

Nope still on razorgore, our guild has a very bad structure for our leadership and it often takes us a long time to move to new content, we didn't try rag for at least 2 months after ony. >_<. We will get there tho, and so far from what we heard it should be a cakewalk for us, well a cakewalk with some heavy practice and repair bills at least.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:08 pm

All you have to do is keep your kiters alive and take out the mages as quickly as possible. The rest is simple.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:43 am

We almost got to stage 2, unfortunatily someone didn't understand that we had 2 people on the orb and grabbed control midfight, then managed to do nothing with razorgore for 3 minutes >_<.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Special K » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:41 am

razorgore isn't too hard a fight; you'll get him if you get the coordination down
in the meantime, you can start saving for vael wipe repair bills
Special K
Over the Hill

Postby Anonymoose » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:53 pm

We got Vael down for the first time Thursday. Intense. Almost downed the Broodlord last night as well. I got pretty sick of clearing the suppression rooms every time we wiped though.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Special K » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:51 am

in the new patch they've changed it to the more accurate 'depression rooms'
Special K
Over the Hill

Postby Tainted-Beef » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:56 pm

We got razorgore into stage 2 today, with 30 people still alive. Unfortunatily at that point no one knew what to do so both our fr tanks for conflagurated, and then razorgore ran around the room 1 shotting everyone. But hey, we had fun. He'll be dying soon!
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:05 am

Woot, downed the Broodlord last night. Easy peezy once we got the timing in the suppression room down.

Unfortunately the lag in BWL is getting unbearable. I hope Blizz attempts to fix it soon.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:29 pm

Anyways update: Razorgore down 3x now, vael 2x. 0 Broodlord attempts, we will be trying him for the first time on friday, sounds relativily easy, we are considering making everyone get KTM threat meters.

On the night of our first vael kill we got garr's bindings, our first elementium ore, and the first kill.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:08 am

We've had to abandon our BWL attempts for the last 2 weeks. The lag was so bad it made the Vael fight impossible. Razorgore seems to go smoother with more lag since the kiting becomes much easier. After that, with everyone having 5-10 seconds of lag, we just give up.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:29 am

WE have similar problems, we could only get vael to 15% with lag, we got him to 0% and had only 2 tanks blow up the entire fight. What I hate about that fight is the luck, you are down 1 person who is changing groups based on who dies, if your priests all get BA then you can get screwed (we had 4 in a row 1 attempt with lag), and the lag is critical, we had tanks instantly dying even though we were healing them non stop, 5 sec cast times for the loss.

Anyway the best way to deal with vael lag is not to deal with it, who the instance, pick a night very few other guilds are doing it. If it's too laggy go to Ony and then comeback, or go do some MC and come back. Last night there were 3 guilds in BWL and it was not doable. We went to Ony killed her, and a few people walked out of the instance, the other 2 guilds were running in, and vael was toast.

Just pick a day that less guilds run (aka not friday/tues/wensday on our server). Have a backup plan. Kill vael. Consider coming early in the week maybe thurs to kill vael and come back fri/sat for the rest of BWL.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Next

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)