Beef 1, Ragnaros 0 (Well technically 4)

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Postby Anonymoose » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:11 pm

Yeah, we've tried changing the days around, but to no avail. My server has about 12 guilds that are deep into BWL, so theres seldom a night where its empty. The hallway up to the orb is clogged most nights with everyone waiting for a raid to start.

MC and Ony aren't really options either. We do MC in one day, usually on a saturday afternoon. We have people sign up in advance, and they're usually not too pleased if half of MC got cleared on a different day. We also have Onyxia on a set day, usually the same day we start on BWL for the week.

AQ is always an option of course, but no ones very enthusiastic to go.

As for Vael, the randomness of the burning adrenaline can completely change the fight. If he takes out rogues, mages, or hunters first, we usually have a pretty good chance of taking him down, especially with the 0 cast time he puts on the bomb. However, we often seem to have the healers get it first, and then a wipe is imminent.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Anonymoose » Fri May 19, 2006 7:58 am

Just curious how you're advancing in BWL, Beef. We're up to Chromaggus. Got him down to 14% last week, with frost/time lapse (gave up when we ran out of sands).

On a sidenote, my new whip: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51833

Looks sweet with a pally in full LB on it.
1f u c4n r34d this u probably remember what my sig used to be and are missing it as much as I am :(
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 19, 2006 10:59 am

Nice, our guild rules say if you have an epic you cant roll on the drops /cry frostwolf.

Anyway, stuck on firemaw, lag is unplayable most weeks. If we can get vael down on wensday we get a good 3 hours of attempts, that has happened, well 1 week so far, this week. Otherwise we get 1-2 attempts on friday night >_<. We havn't been having luck with a tank trasition strat so we are just gonna eat it this week, and use the OT to taunt aggro back off of. A little lost but shouldnt be too bad, the OT will have lots of rage anyways becase of the flame aoe.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef
Unwilling Provider of Filet Mignon

Postby Anonymoose » Fri May 19, 2006 11:47 am

For our guild, in ZG and AQ20, everything is a /roll unless its obviously class only or a definite upgrade (which is rare). Its my 3rd epic mount (pally mount and AV ram). Definitely my favorite now. Everyone else had their epic mount anyway, a side effect of the guild having monthly raffles for epic mount gold.

Our guild moved servers to Norgannon a month back and haven't regretted it since. Theres only about 6 raiding guilds on the server and the lag in BWL is minimal now.

Firemaw is a stumbling block every week for us too. He sometimes seems as unpredictable as Vael. I'd suggest the KTM Threatmeter which calculates the aggro that everyone with the mod generates. Our raid leader then uses this to call out taunts and tank transitions. He also tells mages and hunters to back off so they don't pull aggro.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Darwin » Fri May 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Anonymoose wrote:I'd suggest the KTM Threatmeter which calculates the aggro that everyone with the mod generates. Our raid leader then uses this to call out taunts and tank transitions. He also tells mages and hunters to back off so they don't pull aggro.

Off topic rant!

Mods were a big part of why I had to walk away from WoW again. 3rd party interface tweaks are pretty much in to the realm of hacks in my mind. If someone was running a third party plugin to tell them how much res each alien had in real time...we'd all think that was hacks, right?

Yeah, disgusting game.
MeatSpace: David
NS-Darwin
Now Serving 16450
:shock:
"Because keeping people advised requires helpfulness but running a server requires spite."
Darwin
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 pm

The mods are nessicary, I run ktm, but I dont really every put it to show, our MT does not have it, so it's somewhat useless. That being said no one has every drawn aggro on broodlord or the drakes unless all of the tanks had been deaggroed by Broodlord.

Really I think the only unfair mods are carnival cast mods and stunwatch mods for PvP, since timing stuns is a skill rogues should learn to do it thenselves, and people should learn to silence without needing the help of a popup bar.

Our guild is looking to server hop, but being low pop we do not get the oppertunity... yet. Of our server population I'd say about 50-75% raid on a weekly basis. It's getting to be rare to see people not in epics, hell we had a hunter with vendorstrike at lvl 57 (its min level) and a priest with here eye of div at 55. I see why the PvPers are upset.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 19, 2006 10:43 pm

First 2 drakes down, working on flamegor, second pull coming up!
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Tainted-Beef » Fri May 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Flamegor down.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Sancho » Fri May 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Darwin wrote:
Anonymoose wrote:I'd suggest the KTM Threatmeter which calculates the aggro that everyone with the mod generates. Our raid leader then uses this to call out taunts and tank transitions. He also tells mages and hunters to back off so they don't pull aggro.

Off topic rant!

Mods were a big part of why I had to walk away from WoW again. 3rd party interface tweaks are pretty much in to the realm of hacks in my mind. If someone was running a third party plugin to tell them how much res each alien had in real time...we'd all think that was hacks, right?

Yeah, disgusting game.

Don't knock em until you've tried em. Honestly, I would only think about 1% of mods actually provide an advantage over other players, other than being damn convinient. In fact, blizzard tends to incorporate good addon ideas into their patches. The only exploitive addons are brought down with a swift hammer.
Sancho
Sensuous Señor Sombrero
Sensuous Señor Sombrero

Postby Tainted-Beef » Sat May 20, 2006 2:05 am

We also finished a thunderfury tonight. Prob one of the best nights in my guilds history. A very very late good late night...
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Sat May 20, 2006 11:54 am

Grats, good to hear all the drakes are down. After Firemaw, the other 2 are a cakewalk. Good luck on Chromaggus. Hopefully his afflictions are easier than last weeks.

As for the mods, I agree that ones that are used primarily for PvE encounters are extremely valuable. Blizzard built the modability of the game, and people are just using it to the fullest.
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Axly » Mon May 22, 2006 2:06 pm

NICE! Chromie's a PITA. Are you doing this with an alliance or horde guild? I was gonna say Nef is a pansy after Chromie, but that's only true for alliance.

/Alliance
//8th Nef kill yesterday
///Currently wiping to Princess Huhuran
Axly
Axl Gorge
Axl Gorge

Postby Tainted-Beef » Mon May 22, 2006 6:56 pm

We are horde, not ezmode =P.
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

Postby Anonymoose » Thu May 25, 2006 7:42 am

We downed Chromaggus for the first time last night. Was ridiculously simple after we got the positioning down. No one even died. Luckily his breaths were blue and red, so it was a very easy combo to handle. Nefarian tonight... any tips?
Anonymoose
Doddering Old Fool

Postby Tainted-Beef » Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Dont bring 8 shammies. =P
ImageImageImageImage
Tainted-Beef

PreviousNext

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)