Seed

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Seed

Postby shipwreck » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:41 am

I found out about this game because they got some good E3 press (including 'Most Original' from Ten Ton Hammer and 'Best Persistent World' from Stratics) and have been reading about these past few days. I haven't gotten to download it yet, mostly because I'm on holiday (in Alberta, you canucks should be happy to know). But once I get back to the US of A I plan on giving this sucker a try. Here's a blurb from the official site...

What Seed is all about
- Sci-fi MMORPG
- Personalized stories
- Social/political gameplay
- Believable NPC's
- 3D comic book graphics

What Seed is not about
- Combat
- Character classes
- Standard quests

It looks a little more refreshing and original than a grind up from killing hogs to killing fire gods. The graphics are a little weak but that's intended and the story seems rather original. I'll let any interested parties know more about it once I give it a go.

Read more at http://www.seedthegame.com
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby Niteowl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:52 pm

Looks really innovative, where are the SCREENIES?!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby shipwreck » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm

Aqui

However, after a bit of time on the forums it seems the game was basically released broken. Very few things are functional so I made a little inquiry to find out if it was even worth the go. This is what I found. I'll give you a synopsis if you'd rather not read...

essentially, the people who are still playing the game despite the lag, server downtime and non-existent gameplay are there to support Runestone and their vision of what the game could be as well as engage in some quality roleplaying. Then there are the deserters who are fed up with Runestone and seem the game as a waste of time and money. More specific reasons are present in that thread. I downloaded the game and am planning on exercising my trial sometime this week.

In my quest for the next great MMO I also found this game: SpaceCowboys. Don't laugh at the name - it's free and fun.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby Niteowl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:29 am

You got me sold on the name alone.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby [cns]Manwich » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:08 am

Gangstas of Love is the sequel and promises to be awesome.
I'm not sure about Maurice though. Sounds like a lame way to finish off a gaming trilogy.
I ask you to kill Superman, and you can't do that one, simple thing.
[cns]Manwich
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Funka! » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Niteowl wrote:You got me sold on the name alone.

slightly offtopic to the original thread, but on topic with owl's offtopic pic:

apparently June 23rd was official Serenity day?
http://www.serenityday.org/
http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

-f!
Funka!
OldF Rockstar
OldF Rockstar

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)