EVE is killing my rock and roll...

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

EVE is killing my rock and roll...

Postby shipwreck » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:25 am

...not so much killing it as packaging it up in a small, hermetically sealed cargo container and launching it into the depths of space to be traded and/or shot at by passing space pirates.

So I gave this crazy game one more go and I think I'm hooked. My trial just ran out and I plan on subscribing, finding a corp, and starting a long career as a scurvy pirate or daytrader. At this point I'm only about 200k skill points into the game but I really enjoy it. Somehow the slow-paced nature of character advancement and enormity of the game universe really intrigue me. I know a lot of folks have mixed feelings about the game but, for the time being, it has my free time.

So do any Fogies play this game? I'd much prefer to get involved with some familiar faces. Reply with some info if you do.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby Darwin » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:30 am

No, however if you see the guy with the ship named Nancy, let him know he should send someone to check out his Port Engineroom and go get some marines out of the raveroom.
MeatSpace: David
NS-Darwin
Now Serving 16450
:shock:
"Because keeping people advised requires helpfulness but running a server requires spite."
Darwin
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns

Postby Faust » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:06 pm

Never bothered trying it myself... MP5_ghost and Gamesguy play it like mad while on the ts server.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby MP5_Ghost » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Yeah I play it quite a bit. GG and I just joined a 0.0 industrial/mining corp. If you are interested in industrial work instead of combat you should send my character an eve-mail her name is Relaroka. I will see about getting you accepted into the oldest corp in eve for their empire mining ops.

Even if you don't want to join a more industrial corp eve-mail me anyway so I can help you through the tough bits.
MP5_Ghost
Feeling the Years Pile Up

Postby shipwreck » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:55 pm

MP5_Ghost wrote:Even if you don't want to join a more industrial corp eve-mail me anyway so I can help you through the tough bits.

Much obliged. I can't see myself mining at this point but I shall definitely contact you.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby HTEC » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:58 pm

I play it on and off .. all I remember is that I had my character training up for Amarr and Caldari vessel piloting. My last ship had three hybrid turrets and two shield boosters iirc. That and a thirst for multi-targeting and blowing **** up.
- HTEC
HTEC
Baron of Bedsores

Postby Pykl » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:58 am

I played the beta and played this game from shortly after release until a couple months ago. Theres a ton of stuff to do and many interesting ways to do it. It's got a lot of features and many more planned. It's a very good game that should continue for several years. It was rated best pvp of any mmrpg by quite a ways I think.

Initially it can be a struggle due to low skill points and money but after a while you'll find a way to make money, theres many. Many things in the game can become boring or you end up sitting in stations instead of playing. The key I think to making this game fun for the long term is finding a good group of people to play with who are on at the same time you are. Theres a large euro contingent playing this.

I quit after the corp I was in disintigrated over a few months and I didn't feel like finding another to join. I may renew my accounts at some point. I've got a science/fighter char, industrial char and a cheap pvp char, the first two are around 25m sp I think and the third is 10 or 12 m. I don't have much left I want to train on them except get the science guy into capital ships and titans.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby zolop » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:02 pm

I can't do another MMO I plan on resubscribing to Horizons (Yeahs it been through 3-4 different developers, but I like the nature of this beast).

In fact if there were more players that I knew playing Horizons, I Would get hooked and call Horizons some known Drug.
zolop
Fogey
Fogey

Postby shipwreck » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:02 am

The only reason I would play Horizons is to be a dragon. What's the scoop on this game? I never could bring myself to download it.

As far as EVE, I'm still hooked. My corp keeps growing and I keep finding cool stuff to do. Sadly, my NS time has gone to nill!

:oops:
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby HTEC » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:36 pm

Mmmm dragons. May I dip you in ketchup? And are you crunchy?
- HTEC
HTEC
Baron of Bedsores

Postby MonkeyPrime » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35 am

HTEC wrote:Mmmm dragons. May I dip you in ketchup? And are you crunchy?

Someone has been trolling the SWG forums again...
Frungy! Frungy! Frungy!
MonkeyPrime
Fogey
Fogey

Postby shipwreck » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:54 pm

MonkeyPrime wrote:
HTEC wrote:Mmmm dragons. May I dip you in ketchup? And are you crunchy?

Someone has been trolling the SWG forums again...

No understand...
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby MonkeyPrime » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 am

The "head" dev-rep person on the forums (Tiag or something) had an animated gif as her signiture that was a picture of a wizard smiley casting polymorph on a sheep and turning into a dragon, which then ate the wizard. Underneath the sig was the byline - Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and would taste good with ketchup.
Frungy! Frungy! Frungy!
MonkeyPrime
Fogey
Fogey

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Is anyone still playing this? I played this for a bit some time ago, then quit for time reasons. I would like to give it another shot, if someone can hook me up with some people to hang out with.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby HTEC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:24 pm

I'm Dravis Zalmann, in a corp that's somewhat falling apart. I'm in Mitsolen / Jita, with the ability to do Amarrian cruisers and some engineering. Shoot me mail in-game sometime soon!
- HTEC
HTEC
Baron of Bedsores

Next

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)