Saga of Ryzom: Yay or Nay?

what happens when it's done prancing :)
gather here and organize yer dungeon crawls.
cuz it's nice to pretend we're not old

Saga of Ryzom: Yay or Nay?

Postby HTEC » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:56 pm

I got tired of Eve Online and wanted to do something besides the usual EQ2 or WoW. I'm on my second day and see some depth in the tradeskill system and combat skill trees. Please share some of your experiences in this game with me and I'll make sure that a fully-cooked and stuffed skulk is on your table by Thanksgiving.
Baron of Bedsores

Postby shipwreck » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:12 am

Taken from this thread.

Very original game with a great crafting system, highly detailed world to travel in, but a sub-par combat system. The idea of 'stanzas' is cool because you put moves together but, at the end of the day it's still the same point and click 'attack' combat system with a few more brain cells. The crafting system of great and, like I said, the sci-fantasy setting is very cool.

If the EVE bug hadn't bitten me I'd probably be playing this. There's an unlimited free trial so check it out.

Towards the end of my trial I was getting kind of bored. Perhaps if I had put more time in I would have enjoyed it more. From what I've read, however, it ends up the same as most MMOG's: you get to the end-game and fall asleep.

Seems worth a few months though. I always like supporting indie designers.
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Return to The Feeble Pony (RPG Forum)