Zombies!!!

Off-topic sorta stuff with not alot to it (i.e. ytmd posts).

Moderator: McRiot

Zombies!!!

Postby GrayDuck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 am

This forum seems a bit quiet, so let me break the ice by saying BRRAAAINS.

And now for some content. Run For Your Lives (http://www.runforyourlives.com/) - if you haven't heard of it look it up. Think obstacle course 5k with a a zombie twist. When they announced the MN race last January I got my ass off the couch and started training. Today I'm <almost> forty pounds lighter. I ran it and it was honestly the most fun thing EVER - they're coming back next summer and I need to be prepared!

ALSO - running is not a duck's natural ability. This duck is not a runner, nor will she ever be - but I have found additional zombie motivation. Zombies Run (https://www.zombiesrungame.com/). This has got to be the best app ever released. Ever. It's an immersive book on tape (where you're the main character) - and between little segments of the story line it plays music from your playlist. I actually look forward to my runs. It's insane.
GrayDuck
Champion of Bengay

Re: Zombies!!!

Postby Florp Incarnate » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 am

That obstacle course looks awesome! Congrats on your body transformation too! Hopefully that wasn't due to flesh mortification or having it torn from your shivering frame by flesh hungry undead!
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby Niteowl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

GrayDuck wrote: Today I'm <almost> forty pounds lighter.

Holy COWS! That's great GD! Congrats! I just go to the gym and get sneered at by 20 something varsity athletes and try not to tear all my ligaments at the same time :/
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby Faust » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Congrats on the weight loss :) I hope something like this shows up in Vancouver BC.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby BigDXLT » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I've always been more the shoot my friends in the knees and walk away type myself.

Side note, I need more friends!
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby mooseman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm

BigDXLT wrote:I've always been more the shoot my friends in the knees and walk away type myself.

Side note, I need more friends!

Ha ha ha.

"I don't need to run fast, I just need to run faster than you."
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Return to Ramblings and Amblings