Just picked up Lord of Everquest at Londondrugs

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

Just picked up Lord of Everquest at Londondrugs

Postby Niteowl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:44 am

for 10 bucks!! and its'... not really worht that :S

the graphical polish on the game is crapola. WC3 just has such a better look to it. i can't belive EB is selling it for 45.. yar. it also has terrible performance. so, in summary, it looks worse than,and performs more choppily than, WC3.

as a side note, i also picked up MechWarrior 4, i figured i should at least sorta play onegame from the GIANT ROBOTS genre :)
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby SandTyger » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:22 pm

Get Planetside?!?

MUHAHAHHA! Come to the DARK SIDE!

-Tyg
-Brendan
aka [OldF]SandTyger
Husband, musician, and GM of a Alliance WoW Guild on Khaz Modan (We NEED healers!)
SandTyger
Over the Hill

Postby Niteowl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:23 pm

COME BACK TO NS!!! :O :'(
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby Florp Incarnate » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:15 pm

Mechwarrior 4 is dope, I love that game :)

Uziel with 2 clan er ppcs, a streak 6 pack, and jump jets = teh pwn!
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby zzSleeper » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:23 pm

yeah i've got mechwarrior 4 too, we should play it sometime or at a lan.

actually there's a free 7 day planetside trial if you want to test it out, itried a few weeks ago but it didn't catch on
/zzSleeper
/Jonathan
zzSleeper
Utility Belt Wearing Battlemech Pilot
Utility Belt Wearing Battlemech Pilot

Postby Niteowl » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:38 pm

how many ppl got mechwarrior? i just went through the training, it looks uber neat!

check muliplayer on the inet, and there were TWELVE servers! i was quite surprised. since MW is what? 4 years old? but i suppose there have been no games of the Big Machine genre lately?

anyhoo, when i get a grip of this game, we should see if we have enough fogies to get a game going. i'm sure even a listen server from some one's PC will be enough for this, uh, fogey of a game ;)
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Mechwarrior

Postby JDawg » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:23 pm

I only got Mechwarroir 3 and 2. Music in mech2 was da bomb! Both mech games have way too many buttons to use. They need to simplify it more like Mech Assault on XBox(which was a little oversimplified). Is Mech4 control any better than 2 and 3?

I saw a post recently from a Niteowl on Planetside forums. Maybe you are tempting the darkside? I just finished Planetside 30-day free trial. Excellent game design, but crappy lag and more lag, then sprinkle on tons of bugs. Maybe it'll be worth it in a year from now?
University of Utah alumni and proud of it. GO UTES!!
JDawg-OldF
JDawg
Lexiconally Diverse!!
Lexiconally Diverse!!

Postby Niteowl » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:34 pm

i dont' think that was me, i'm sure there are plenty of niteowls out there :S
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby Gimp » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:59 am

Eww to anything Everquest related, I coulda told you their first releases almost always suck (look at SWG and EQ before MASSIVE patching). I really gotta get out and buy some new games sooner or later, Tribes 2 is my newest game, but they killed the speed and excitement from Tribes 1 so I don't play it. Planetside I tried the trial, but couldn't take the lag and long trips to most anywhere, compared to most other shooters it was like watching paint dry. Then again, my next purchase will probably be HL2 in the year 2052, so meh.

Gimp
Gimp
Blink!
Blink!

MW 4

Postby Six String Samurai » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:04 am

did you happen to pick up the expansion...? That could be why you see only 12 servers.
The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray.
Six String Samurai
Champion of Bengay

MW 4

Postby Six String Samurai » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:05 am

did you happen to pick up the expansion...? That could be why you see only 12 servers.
The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray.
Six String Samurai
Champion of Bengay

Postby Zenbu » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:18 pm

yeah. there's mechwarrior 4: mercenaries, and Black knight - both addons, plus there's an inner sphere pack, and a clanner pack, that both add their respective extra mechs and little addons. so all in all, there's a lot of extra content to be had with MW4

and by the way, i have them so if you do wanna get somethin organized, count me in! :D
Totalt Jävla Mörker

Zenbu
Spewing Fantastic!
Spewing Fantastic!

Postby Timmy! » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:40 pm

I tried to play Planetside, but i was a little weakling and would accidently drop pod Miles and Miles away from anything, so i'd have to trek forever. I managed to get into some battles and would quickly die. So i quickly gave that up for Dark Age Of Camelot and quickly gave that up for NS :D
Brak's Dad: "Life is not about the second chances. It is about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is."

Timmy!
Dirty Old Man

Postby JDawg » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:27 pm

Timmy! wrote:I tried to play Planetside, but i was a little weakling and would accidently drop pod Miles and Miles away from anything, so i'd have to trek forever. I managed to get into some battles and would quickly die.
Planetside is not a solo game. Play it with large group on Teamspeak, or simply don't play it. When correctly played Planetside becomes a highly statisfing game.

If it wasn't for the monthly fee I'd be playing Planetside right now. Next best thing in competative teamplay is NS. NS rulz us all.
University of Utah alumni and proud of it. GO UTES!!
JDawg-OldF
JDawg
Lexiconally Diverse!!
Lexiconally Diverse!!

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)