Starcraft

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

Starcraft

Postby Niteowl » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:08 am

is for sale at EB for like.. 15 bucks. 25 for it and the Broodwar Expansion.

if anyone is up for playing COOP vs. Comps, pm me in IRC.

especially for you folks out there wanting to learn to command. the raw timing and multitasking required of SC is good grounding and practice for NS comming.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby zzSleeper » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:42 am

i'm up for some defense maps if you're in to that sort of thing
/zzSleeper
/Jonathan
zzSleeper
Utility Belt Wearing Battlemech Pilot

Postby Niteowl » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:17 pm

never played SC defense, but i'm willing to try :)

played a wee bit (i mena, alot) of WC3 TD, so, it mustbe similar.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby BigDXLT » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:52 pm

Y'know, if NS had directional keys to move around with, I'd be all up for comming more often. It's my main pet peeve. (That, and my voice comm is connected to the damn recycle bind!)

Not terribly sure if my version is valid on B.Net though I'll check that out later tonight when I get home. If it isn't, I'll just break down and buy a copy of the game and be done with it. (Haven't gone on b-net in two years or so)

Defense maps are great. I have a couple good ones.

I'll take you up on that offer here one night for sure!
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby Prototype » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:19 pm

And I thought all of the SC fans were dead... ;)

I'm always up for Turret Defense!!! I have some pretty good maps on my home system. I'm also up for some Us vs. Comp games. I love the Killing Fields map when playing against the computer.

BTW, if you have a static IP I know of a tool that allows your to play on a virtual lan (if you don't have the retail version). I think it's called BattleLan
Reality is defined by the observer.
Prototype
Epic Game Commander
Epic Game Commander

Postby Niteowl » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:37 pm

cool proto :)

i think most ppl have the retail SC, no? i mean, it's 15 bucks Canadian at EB for crying out loud :D
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby dklein » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:41 pm

Lemme know -- I'm up for a re-install and play on either SC or Brood War [latter preferred]
"Don't worry... it only seems kinky the first time..."

[OldF] Heinrich Maneouver
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby uxud » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:51 pm

Starcraft is a classic and I'm always game, send me a pm on IRC or the forums if you guys are playing. The main problem with it is finding some people to play with who you can trust. People on B.Net are either horribly bad or they backstab you and say "LOL."
uxud
Rapscallion Purger
Rapscallion Purger

Postby dklein » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:55 pm

Yeah -- I got that on the B.Net as well; another Turn Me Off Of Net Play experience.
"Don't worry... it only seems kinky the first time..."

[OldF] Heinrich Maneouver
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby zzSleeper » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:33 pm

b.net is fine, just stick to use map settings games. there are a lot of good maps out there, primarily the defense ones
/zzSleeper
/Jonathan
zzSleeper

Postby Prototype » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:22 pm

Part of the fun is with those backstabbers.

I played one game 3v3 mineral map... someone on our team backstabbed my partner and I, and then someone on the other team backstabbed their team (I think this was a planned event).

My partner and I saw it coming and quickly turned on our backstabber, but the other team was just about whiped out by their bacstabber. So we said we would all ally up. Then my partner decided to backstab our new team. So, after a warning, I backstabbed him and won the game with the only survivor from the original enemy team.

I wish I recorded that one...
Reality is defined by the observer.
Prototype
Epic Game Commander
Epic Game Commander

Postby Niteowl » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:48 am

that is some crazy ass machiavellian cut throat no holds barred SC you play there :)

which is why i like playing against bots ;)
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby BigDXLT » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:23 pm

Ahh, ye old backstabbing. Gotta love it. Bots are predictable at least. They won't help you, nor will they backstab you! Yay for middle ground!

In all seriousness, I never did spend much time on B.Net before other than UMS maps. The only reason I got into playing SC was because my first year roommate would play it across the school network with a bunch of friends. I could probably count the games against total strangers on one hand.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT

Postby Florp Incarnate » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:29 pm

Niteowl wrote:that is some crazy ass machiavellian cut throat no holds barred SC you play there :)

which is why i like playing against bots ;)

hahahahaha
I would def. be up for starcraft, I'll just have to hop over to south van and pick up my cd's from my dad, or should I say wrestle them from his iron grip of starcraft addiction(tm).
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby Pandacow » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:00 am

aw i dont even know what happened to my starcraft. i guess after playing it for 3 years straight it decided to mess up my comp. Now i'll be playing, sometimes right when i click "start game", other times after i've been playing for an hour, the game just crashes and resets my computer. yeah and i've deleted it and reinstalled it too. so I HAVE NO IDEA!!

ahh yes the good days...POKEMON MAPS where u killed them and then they became yours...that's the way it should be with women ... or maybe not u_u
Pandacow
Feeling the Years Pile Up

Next

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)