Evil Genius!

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

Evil Genius!

Postby Niteowl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:50 pm

anyone pick this badboy up? it's quite good, very Dungeon Keeper-esque type gameplay. i'll see if it gets to complimicated for my tastes though.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby MonkeyPrime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:20 pm

I like it :). Course my computer crashed shortly after I started playing so I had to restart.

How far have you gotten?

Got any tips?
MonkeyPrime
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Feyd Rautha » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:19 pm

Apparently to interrogate you have to get them locked into a detention room and then click for the interrogation type. Be wary of your genius since his default action is to shoot minions in the head.

Agents seems to be limited by the number of lockers, so build long 'hallway/bunkers' connecting rooms and line them with lockers.
Feyd
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);
xbox360,PS3,skype: othermark
http://twitter.com/atkin901
Feyd Rautha
Best. Mic. Evar.
Best. Mic. Evar.

Postby dklein » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:02 am

Tried this out. Verrah nice. 'cept that for me, there are serious sound cutting out issues. Dunno what the problem is.

Humour is good, tho, and I like the gameplay.
"Don't worry... it only seems kinky the first time..."

[OldF] Heinrich Maneouver
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby MonkeyPrime » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:02 pm

Actually, as of late I've been experiencing quite a few crashes while playing the game. This happened before my computer totally messed up, and then right after I reformatted and reinstalled it had the same problems.

I like the game, though if it continues to be so unstable I think I'm going to shelve it for awhile...
MonkeyPrime
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Feyd Rautha » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:35 am

Another good tip from my friend who's playing. Build a door that restricted to the evil genius only -- that goes no where right near the entrance to the compond. Build a path around the door for minions, and post some guards there at the door. Keeps guards right at the entrance giving you immediate warning when people get in.
Feyd
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);
xbox360,PS3,skype: othermark
http://twitter.com/atkin901
Feyd Rautha
Best. Mic. Evar.
Best. Mic. Evar.

Postby Axly » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:00 pm

<-- Friend

Having separate public and secure areas of your base (connected by a single hallway) has worked great for me. Just be sure not to plop down any devices with a "heat" rating in the public area.

Alexis has a wonderful bonus to loyalty. Park her in a busy area (like that hallway! :) The only issues I have with her are her bodyguards (who look like chippendale dancers)

Guard that hallway. As Feyd mentioned, the useless door locked at setting "4" has been great. Usually henchmen guard it.

If you need to "mix" up the principles of a certain russian supercriminal... the cafeteria bar that includes the huge mixer is a torture device. (That took me TWO FRIGGIN DAYS to figure out)

Each justice organization has its own heat rating towards you. Don't let it get high or else soldiers will come raining down on you and ruin your day. It can be tricky balancing out the number of extra operatives (cannon fodder) you send along on a mission and the heat they generate. I usually let all the heat fade in an area before running one of the missions (and steal money from the other four)

I haven't been too impressed with the traps. I've got one set up that does a combo move (jet blasts 'em into a poison gas chamber) but it rarely gives any bonus points.
Axly
Axl Gorge
Axl Gorge

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)