Simultaneous Turn-Based Fans?

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

Simultaneous Turn-Based Fans?

Postby Nagasaurus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:59 pm

I know RTS is all the rage these days but I keep hoping a decent sci-fi multiplayer simultaneous turn-based game like M.A.X will turn up some day (for the record M.A.X. 2 blew huge chunks, never worked for multiplayer, and will not be spoken of again). I is sad that a game that got such good reviews and was to be a "classic" (back in 1997 at least) never was re-written to have true internet play and given a facelift.

It is true you can get DOS based games to run on newer versions of Windows but it takes some tweaking and M.A.X. also only supports LAN play (which can be worked around as well, I know, but no one else plays it so not much point).

I've looked high and low for a new game to fit this void but haven't seen anything. Have any other fans of STB found something I missed?

Postby dklein » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:00 pm

Oh dear. The only simultaneous turn-based game I know of is Avalon Hill's Diplomacy :)
"Don't worry... it only seems kinky the first time..."

[OldF] Heinrich Maneouver

Postby St0nkingByte » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:12 pm

Ever play Combat Mission, man I was addicted to that one for a couple years.
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)