Empire Earth soooo much fun!

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

Empire Earth soooo much fun!

Postby zolop » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:34 pm

I just got this game about 3 weeks ago. It is incredibly fun and intricate. There are many units to play and use strategically and the CPU opponents are fun to play against. Its a good game, two thumbs up!
zolop
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:32 am

Another game made by Flayra (i kid you not!)
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby St0nkingByte » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:19 am

I rather enjoy EE as well. My problem is I always play up to the age where you get teh B-29 and can drop nuclear bombs and then I run these huge SAC bomber air campaigns endlessly against the computer, systematically nuking their cities and bases over and over ;)
St0nkingByte
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin

Postby Red » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:01 am

The coolest thing about EE is you can restrict which epochs the game will span.

One of my favorites is to start it at WWI and go through WW2 or digital (I hate nano age). It makes the game less about epoching up, and the units in those periods are fun.

Another favorite is Bronze age through WWI.
aka INDIANA_JONES, Frank B. Parker, IRON_CHEF
Red
Best. Job. Ever.
Best. Job. Ever.

Postby zolop » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:23 pm

Cool we gotta play this game together sometime then..Ghost has it too, the original. a 3 vs 3(cpu) game sometime! Yeah I talked to Flayraa before, at a NS event. Most of the people that helped him develope the mod worked at Stainless Steel Studios. Also Mad Doc developer, is close by Boston. :)
zolop
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Red » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:29 pm

Actually I don't have the game anymore. I had a hacked version from a lan party I put on a few years ago, but that computer died long ago. I could be talked into buying it though.

Would we do one of those epic games that can last all weekend, or a fast game that last, say 10 hours? :D
aka INDIANA_JONES, Frank B. Parker, IRON_CHEF
Red
Best. Job. Ever.
Best. Job. Ever.

Postby Florp Incarnate » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:05 pm

The spiritual follow up to Empire Earth is Rise of Nations.... which is a far better game in my opinion. It is the same basic idea but refined in many areas, and it is also more detailed (economics & research is enhanced). If you like Empire Earth I *highly* recommend getting Rise of Nations.

Then we can play together! :)
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby zolop » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:51 am

I tried Rise of Nations, Disliked it because there weren't as many small nauances compared to EE. The idea of controlling a region was done before in Warlords Battlecry series, also. Though EE has similarities to Age of Empires series, it expands upon them imho more than RON). Also I feel many of the units felt plain, in RON. In contrast, you can customize every unit you can build in the game of EE. Also there a greater depth of strategy in EE compared to RON, imho. Units have player customization. Also like ROS you have hero units. Many more units to choose from. Upgradable Economy (put citizens in Capitals, to increase flow of economy, Grannaries, Customizable Civilitation, etc). There are others, but can't think of them now. To me EE has much more depth compared to RON (not that ROS is a small game). The one small thing though that I don't like about EE though is that higher level epochs empires, units, take a long time to destroy lower level epochs, buildings.

Curios Florp what parts did i miss where RON expanded on the Age of Empires genre?
Last edited by zolop on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zolop
Fogey
Fogey

Postby zolop » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:01 pm

When you guys get the chance, reply and tell us when you are free next week or the week after. Next week I am free Tuesday Night and Thursday late night (EST).
zolop
Fogey
Fogey

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)