DotA Consumes my Soul

where we devise our cunning strats of things and such and such and anon, etc.. and erhm.. stuff... make it go BOOM!!!! meet and greet, organize yer RTS games here.

DotA Consumes my Soul

Postby Florp Incarnate » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 pm

Well, the title lies. I sold my soul for a ham sandwich in 4th grade. This game IS heavily addicting though. Enough so that I had dreams about it last night, and spent 2 intermittent hours reading the DotA forums today at work (yes my job is slow, ha ha).

Anyone who isn't already part of our Teamspeak DotA crew, and has Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, join us!
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby St0nkingByte » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:28 pm

I enjoy it but I feel dirty playing with you guys and all your hack-ola stuffs you do to the game and Bnet.

You do know that WC3 & TFT are like $10 bargain bin specials now don't you?
Niteowl wrote:i like him. solid feller. and excelent post !
St0nkingByte
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin

Postby Niteowl » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:04 am

I'd need hax tips in advance so I don't join whatever CRAZY club pappy was in. That gives me chills! And I second Byte's claim! I tried to install one of those crazy hax0r intarweb things,and it broke my internet!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby Florp Incarnate » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:55 pm

It's a two minute process regardless of whether you have legit or not, and we have about a 15 person playerbase already using this system. Join the fun!
Florp Incarnate

Postby HTEC » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:51 pm

My (ex)roommate was heavy into DotA, but I wasn't the person to get all warm 'n fuzzy with WarCrack. I did enjoy watching him, though. Damn FPS addiction. :>
- HTEC
HTEC
Baron of Bedsores

Postby Azazeal » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:59 pm

i myself is starting to get very heavy in DoTa, i still think clinkz rules :P but dunno, i dont have fun playing with the 1000000 million immature kids running around these days, but i myself the love the idea
Azazeal
Feeling the Years Pile Up

Postby Velour Kitten » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:44 am

Ah you get used to Ghost's sexual harassment after a while, he's harmless really.

Which is to say, a bunch of us usually play DotA together in the evening, hop on TeamSpeak some time.
Velour Kitten
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:16 am

Velour Kitten wrote:Ah you get used to Ghost's sexual harassment after a while, he's harmless really.

Which is to say, a bunch of us usually play DotA together in the evening, hop on TeamSpeak some time.

Who's ghost?
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby Faust » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:27 am

Niteowl wrote:
Velour Kitten wrote:Ah you get used to Ghost's sexual harassment after a while, he's harmless really.

Who's ghost?

Silly owl! MP5_ghost.

Velour darling, my intoxicating British love dumpling, you know you can just call Mp5 a bighead in rebuttal and he usually shut's up :P

i myself is starting to get very heavy in DoTa, i still think clinkz rules Razz but dunno, i dont have fun playing with the 1000000 million immature kids running around these days, but i myself the love the idea

Yeah clinkz is cool. I've been highly satisfied playing Naga Siren lately. Getting a manta sytle on her is damn good recipe for complete ownage.

As mentioned above, all those who love dota should join myself and others in the evening on the OGC ts server!

Login is still: ts.oldf.net

Password: oldfhome
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Velour Kitten » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:22 am

Last night was really, really fun. I assume our newfound players will be playing more to overcome their slight teething woes rather than run off, and we shall see you all tonight?
Velour Kitten
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Darwin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:33 am

Velour Kitten wrote:Last night was really, really fun. I assume our newfound players will be playing more to overcome their slight teething woes rather than run off, and we shall see you all tonight?

Did MP get crushed?
MeatSpace: David
NS-Darwin
Now Serving 16450
:shock:
"Because keeping people advised requires helpfulness but running a server requires spite."
Darwin
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns
Carnifex of the Akimbo Smoking Guns

Postby Gimp » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:12 pm

His computer crushed him first game. Then in his second game he ran around stomping nothingness after running back to the fountain lots. I'm sure if he keeps playing he'll do well as he didn't die all that much for being new.
Gimp
Blink!
Blink!

Postby Faust » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:25 am

He'll learn to love saphire water early game, and lots of it too!

soo sweet... mmm.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Florp Incarnate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:23 am

Again I'd like to bump this thread... anyone in the community with Warcraft 3 and Frozen throne is welcome to drop by Teamspeak in the evenings and play DotA with the crew. It's an intense game with teamwork at it's core.

I should also point out that WC3 + FT battle chest is like $30.

ALL DOTA PLAYERS ARE NOW USING LEGIT WC3. NO HACKED BNET NEEDED.
Florp Incarnate

Postby MonkeyPrime » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:02 pm

I will point out, as a recent foray-er into the DotA crowd, that never, ever listen to MP5_Ghost when he says they aren't playing. Becuase it's a trick. A dirty, rotten trick aimed at getting you banned from all normal games. Here's an example of how this devious ploy works:

You log in to WC3 to see about some DotA goodness.
You log onto Teamspeak, note the 4 guys hanging out in the DotA channel.
You ask, "Hey, are we going to play some DotA".
MP5_Ghost replies, "Nah, not enough people. We're all playing <fill in the blank>".
You say, "Ok."
You join a random DotA server (since you logged on to play some DotA).
5 minutes of DotA passes (so you're right at the beginning still)
MP5_Ghost whispers to you in game, "We're going to play DotA now, come join us".
You are now faced with leaving the game and getting on the banned list, or flipping MP5 the finger.

As the victim of this on multiple occasions, I thought I should warn the greater forum of the attrocities performed by MP5_Ghost.

And Gimp is funny. Funny as in haha funny, not a chicken running around choking funny.
Frungy! Frungy! Frungy!
MonkeyPrime
Fogey
Fogey

Next

Return to Ye Olde Bunkere (RTS Forum)