Cheap, simple MP3 players

Posts and discussions about serious/illuminating/interesting topics.

Cheap, simple MP3 players

Postby BigDXLT » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Since my new truck don't gots no cassette player no more, I done gonna hafta upgrade.

I could burn some cd's, but I think it might just be simpler for me to skip that generation since it has an input jack for an mp3 player.

Expensive Ipod's are right out. I'd ideally like to pay like $50 or so. And play formats like ogg and flac too. And maybe have a recharge option so I can just leave it plugged into the power point instead of mucking with batteries. Doesn't have to be fancy, right now on my pc, I just load everything into Winamp and set it to random anyway.

The little Creative units look like they might be good enough.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Re: Cheap, simple MP3 players

Postby shipwreck » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am

I'm trying to find one, as well, but haven't had too much luck. I guess I'm just not sure of exactly what I want. There are some decent finds here; the cheapest one is 13$ but only 512m so...you know, whatever. I have an iPod shuffle but it doesn't really tickle my proverbial fancy.

you could always make your own.

or buy a Daisy.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby Feyd Rautha » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I personally like the iaudio players from Cowon. You might be able to get a U3 for cheap these days.
Feyd
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);
xbox360,PS3,skype: othermark
http://twitter.com/atkin901
Feyd Rautha
Best. Mic. Evar.
Best. Mic. Evar.

Postby pr0phetik_dreamz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Feyd Rautha wrote:I personally like the iaudio players from Cowon. You might be able to get a U3 for cheap these days.

Yeah Cowon makes pretty nice players that are reasonably priced. I've had my Creative Muvo^2 for about 5 years and it's about to bite the dust. I'm looking to replace it with a refurbished iPod though *gasp Apple* That is when I get a new car first. D:

You can also check out iRiver. I used to have an iRiver CD-MP3 player back in the day when I was a freshman in college, and it worked pretty well. iRiver players look pretty sexy too. Their UI is okay; better than most.
An Original American Pai
pr0phetik_dreamz
the Chivalrous Cybernetics Lover
the Chivalrous Cybernetics Lover

Postby shipwreck » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm

/res

I found a 1g mp3 player for 15$! I lost my shuffle many a month ago and so when I heard they had these at my local Inkstop I had to get one. The make is Vuescape and I've not found them online anywhere but you should try to find one.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:43 pm

I ended up picking up a $20 or so thing a month or two ago.

When I picked it up, I didn't realize it couldn't be charged via a power plug though (takes a triple a) and it doesn't seem to be capable of producing enough volume through the system for some reason. I mean, it's good enough for long trips, and it holds my whole mp3 collection (not saying much) but bleh.

I had already burned a cd with a pile of Mp3's and I think that's going to be the route I'm going to stick with. Less wires and crap hanging off my dash at least.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT

Postby The Nighthawk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

This thread was relevant to my (wife's) interests. Thanks for the resurrection shippy. :)
A person who won't think has no advantage over someone who can't think
The Nighthawk
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!

Return to Discussions