EEEEEEK! A PLAINSWALKER!

Posts and discussions about serious/illuminating/interesting topics.

EEEEEEK! A PLAINSWALKER!

Postby Spleen of Nannor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 pm

In the last week I've strangely rediscovered Magic: the Gathering. I brought my fourth and fifth edition cards out of storage, perused my stock, and decided that spending crap tons of money on new cards is the way to go...
...250 dollars, 30 hours, and 14 games later; I have a sweet Prismatic Conflux deck that has proven itself among my four magic playing friends.

Alas! Trouble in paradise! We five can't agree on or find any article online that explains one detail about the Conflux expansion:
If an artifact or artifact creature requires colored mana to cast, then is it colorless or is it the color of the mana required in its casting cost? or maybe even both?

For example: is this card colorless or blue?

There are masses of multicolored cards in the Conflux expansion that are extremely targetable by color specific spells or effects. It would make sense that cards like this are meant to be colorless for balance purposes. That's my theory.
I know a few of you fogies are hardcore into the game and could shed some light on this.
-Dan
Spleen of Nannor
Mr. Gorgey Lovin's
Mr. Gorgey Lovin's

Re: EEEEEEK! A PLAINSWALKER!

Postby CovertBeaver » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 am

10/1/2008 The only difference between a colored artifact and a colorless artifact is, obviously, its color. Unlike most artifacts, a colored artifact requires colored mana to play. Also unlike most artifacts, a colored artifact has a color in all zones. It will interact with cards that care about color. Other than that, a colored artifact behaves just like any other artifact. It will interact as normal with any card that cares about artifacts, such as Shatter or Arcbound Ravager.

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDet ... &id=174814
CovertBeaver
Illustrious Gnawer of Trees and Shins
Illustrious Gnawer of Trees and Shins

Re: EEEEEEK! A PLAINSWALKER!

Postby Spleen of Nannor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 am

Awesome, thanks!
-Dan
Spleen of Nannor
Mr. Gorgey Lovin's
Mr. Gorgey Lovin's

Return to Discussions