Will you buy Left4Dead 2?

Posts and discussions about serious/illuminating/interesting topics.

Re: Will you buy Left4Dead 2?

Postby Niteowl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am

I play sporadically, usually with the MeFi crew. There are some Fogies who also play, but, from what I gather, they are pretty seerrioouus. However! 7 bucks for l4d2 to just play through the single player campaign is well, well worth it.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby BobTheJanitor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Don't play with Niteowl, he will forget about you most of the time and then randomly message you at midnight to ask if you want to start a versus match that will likely require an hour or two commitment. (I kid because I love) (let's play more games that start at an earlier hour, hoots)

And I would say that for the price, even if you just play through the single player once you're still getting more than your money's worth. If you aren't working off of a hard drive stuffed to bursting with other games, I'd even recommend the L4D 1 & 2 pack. It's 10 bucks and you'll easily get more than 10 bucks of fun out of it, and the two games have enough of a different feel to them that it doesn't seem like a total repeat. It's not exactly a thriving online community like TF2, but it's something you can just pull up every once in a while for some good old fashioned zombie shootin' fun.
BobTheJanitor
GruntMaster Flex
GruntMaster Flex

Postby St0nkingByte » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Wasn't really super interested in L4D2 despite having many good times with L4D1 however at $6.79 I could not resist and made the purchase ;)
Niteowl wrote:i like him. solid feller. and excelent post !
St0nkingByte
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin

Postby Niteowl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh, 2 is a at least five times better than 1, in Versus, anyhow.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby BigDXLT » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I can generally get dragged out of TF2 for a game, though I'm not hugely into the versus, unless it involves team stacking vs random pubbers, or much silliness.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby mooseman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:50 pm

What? L4D2 for under $10? What? Where?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby mooseman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm

$5 in the Steam store the other day. Purchased. Now who wants to show me the ropes?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT

Postby Niteowl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Unfortunately when I'm on I'm usually playing some wicked intense game of realism vs with MeFi ppl. I'll try and catch you when i'm not in game and we can run through some campaigns.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby mooseman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

oooh, Nice ropes!
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby shipwreck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:23 am

And only last night you said to yourself: “Sam, what about a bit of rope? You'll want it, if you haven't got it": Well, I'll want it. I can't get it now.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Previous

Return to Discussions