Stargate Universe

Posts and discussions about serious/illuminating/interesting topics.

Stargate Universe

Postby BigDXLT » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 pm

About 4 or 5 years ago I started watching all the SG-1 episodes that were airing in syndication. It was on everyday, so there was no "gotta wait for friday" BS. After a couple of years, and a few rotations through the bajillion seasons, I think I've finally seen every episode. Atlantis I haven't caught up on yet, but I catch'em when I can. Sure, it was a bit campy at times, but I still had a lot of fun watching the adventures of the week.

SGU on the other hand, is looking to go for the more serious, gritty look. It's a reboot with the original canon intact. So far so good!

Also: Stupid tv shows on friday nights. I'm going to have to build a pvr or something one day.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Re: Stargate Universe

Postby [OldF] DIRTY DEALER » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 am

Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica. I've downloaded the entire series for both shows and spent the last month catching the frak up. Sleep is so over rated these days.....
DIRTY DEALER
[OldF] DIRTY DEALER
Skulkbot
Skulkbot

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Loving SG:U. I never really got into the other Stargates but this one is a keeper.
My password was eaten by a rather large space goat. Egads.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby Beasty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 pm

fallout[aeronautics] wrote:Loving SG:U. I never really got into the other Stargates but this one is a keeper.

Agreed
St0nkingByte wrote:I want a plugin where you can mount a skulk on the back of a gorge. When you do that the gorge only moves half as fast but the skulk can swivel around and fire 100 parasites a second.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Postby McRiot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 am

All you space drama freaks, I liked the light feel Stargate had before and Atlantis was fun to watch, SG:U makes me sad and I'm quickly loosing interest in the series it's BSG meets Voyager without any of the creative fun. It's drama in space and I hate it =/.

I think SG:U has bottled themselves up and these survival episodes are long and boring, one episode 3 or 4 or something, they spent the entire episode walking through a desert and in the last half they split up and followed 2 groups WALKING through desert.

I am really trying hard to like the new Stargate being an old and long time fan but I'm just not liking the serious space drama I feel like all the color has been sucked out. I just keep watching it and telling myself.. maybe it will get better. I think it's loosing all appeal for me though :{.
McRiot

http://www.razenet.com
Kisst - GuildWars 2 : Stormbluff Isle
McRiot - League of Legends
McRiot
King of Lan Partays!
King of Lan Partays!

Postby BigDXLT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Ba-dump bump pish.

Season 2 is even better. Great even. Really starting to hit its stride.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT

Postby Beasty » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Hmm I may have to sign up for Hulu plus, or at least the free week trial when I have a week off to catch up. I watched the first season but didn't have time to start watching the second.
St0nkingByte wrote:I want a plugin where you can mount a skulk on the back of a gorge. When you do that the gorge only moves half as fast but the skulk can swivel around and fire 100 parasites a second.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Return to Discussions