M&B&F&S

M&B&F&S

Postby shipwreck » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 am

Mount&Blade: with Fire & Sword is yet another M&B sequel coming out and you can get speshul hats!

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5381&p=1

Being cheap and wary with my game purchases (I regrettably dumped 30$ on the buggy and less-than-stellar Dawn of War: Retribution -- my first game purchase since Christmas) I miss out on a lot of hat deals, and I realize it's dubious cross marketing most of the time but I think I may go ahead and buy this.

The hats look cool and I've been resisting the M&B bug for many a year now.

Any thoughts?
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Re: M&B&F&S

Postby Florp Incarnate » Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 am

Fire and Sword is pretty painful so far, not gonna lie. Firearms make cavalry MUCH less powerful, so the player character is no longer the tidal wave of blood and nightmares that he used to be. Even taking 1\4 damage, a mob of 20 bandites will the lowest quality muskets will kill the player character 2\3 of the time. I don't think firearms really add any fun to the game. If you enjoyed the "commanding" aspect more than the "killing everything like a berserker" aspect, then this is the game for you. Otherwise stick with the original. Mind you, the game is cheap.

IMO the best M&B experience so far is "Native Expansion" mod for the original game.
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Re: M&B&F&S

Postby St0nkingByte » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:57 pm

F&S is on sale for $3.74 this weekend. I'm probably inclined to agree with Florp that the original (or Warband) might be better but I figured at that price I'd give F&S a shot.
Niteowl wrote:i like him. solid feller. and excelent post !
St0nkingByte
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin
Coding Plugins for a Plugin of a Plugin

Return to Marx's Class Warfare (TF2 Forum)