Backburner

Re: Backburner

Postby Niteowl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 pm

The Beginner's way is Stab-right click. I mean, come on, that's super easy! You get hit a few times, and are half dead, but you just run away, heal, disguise, and sap it.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby Fade Dunaway » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:41 am

I always get killed when I do that for some reason. Maybe because I'm pretty liberal on being "behind" the sentry :P
"Never hit a man with glasses. Use a bat instead."

AKA Alcoholocaust
Fade Dunaway
Fogey
Fogey

Postby The 'Noid » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:07 pm

A tip for the stab-sap method:

Make a mental note of which side of the sentry you're closest to as you stab the engineer, then simply circle around the sentry as you pull out your sapper. The sentry will always turn whichever way is quickest to put you in its line of fire, so if you simply move the same way it's turning, you can (usually) stay ahead of it in time to sap it without taking damage.
The 'Noid
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Niteowl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:24 pm

PRO TIP!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Previous

Return to Marx's Class Warfare (TF2 Forum)