co_

co_

Postby mooseman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 pm

TF2 is basically just like co_

with buildmenu

There. I said it. Go back to your fragging.

It has nicer graphics, too.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Re: co_

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Not to mention with MvM.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby Niteowl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:21 am

BUT NO CYBERNETICS AND FLYING AND ALL THE GUD STUFFS!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby mooseman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 am

It is kinda fun though. It's a well crafted and balanced game.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby Fade Dunaway » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:50 am

I think the standout for me is the fun combat. Since you can take a good amount of punishment in comparison to more realistic games, you get to actually fight people and use fun weapons.
"Never hit a man with glasses. Use a bat instead."

AKA Alcoholocaust
Fade Dunaway
Fogey
Fogey

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Fade Dunaway wrote:I think the standout for me is the fun combat. Since you can take a good amount of punishment in comparison to more realistic games, you get to actually fight people and use fun weapons.

Quoted for truth.

Fade Dunaway wrote:I think the standout for me is the fun combat. Since you can take a good amount of punishment in comparison to more realistic games, you get to actually fight people and use fun weapons.

Quoted again, because it's still truthful.

Sure, you can get insta-gibbed, but generally there is a counter that doesn't involve throwing your mangled flesh at the enemy over and over until they run out of ammo.
BigDXLT

Postby mooseman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 am

I must be doing it wrong then. I seem to die very quickly and then wait, wait, wait to respawn. Are you telling me you guys stay alive for more than 30 seconds once you reach the combat zone?

I hate the waiting to respawn. That should be banned from games. I mean, it's bad enough that I am wasting heartbeats by playing a video game, but to be waiting to respawn in a game is truly wasting my life.

No, I don't think anyone really lives for more than 30 seconds once they reach the front line.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby Fade Dunaway » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:25 am

No no, not in terms of life expectancy, but in terms of combat duration. Combat in a tactical shooter is 2-3 seconds. You can fight for 6-10 in TF2, which makes each combat enjoyable to participate in.

I'm not against respawn timers overall, but "waiting to play" isn't a lot of fun for a majority of players.

AKA Alcoholocaust
Fade Dunaway
Fogey
Fogey

Postby CanadianWolverine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:29 am

Fade Dunaway wrote:I'm not against respawn timers overall, but "waiting to play" isn't a lot of fun for a majority of players.

But it could be. I will be something amazing for a game the day a developer figures out they can put some sort of mini game in there while a player waits to get back to acting in the main show. I understand the necessity for the respawn time in regards to the resolution of the conflict, but it doesn't necessarily have to be doing nothing at all but watching from the side lines. :)
Check it out! I finally figured out where to make a avatar that will fit on the forums! http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/
CanadianWolverine
Cutest. Baby. Evar.
Cutest. Baby. Evar.

Postby McRiot » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:22 pm

Niteowl wrote:BUT NO CYBERNETICS AND FLYING AND ALL THE GUD STUFFS!

I can fly.. "Kaboom!"

mooseman wrote:I must be doing it wrong then. I seem to die very quickly and then wait, wait, wait to respawn. Are you telling me you guys stay alive for more than 30 seconds once you reach the combat zone?

I hate the waiting to respawn. That should be banned from games. I mean, it's bad enough that I am wasting heartbeats by playing a video game, but to be waiting to respawn in a game is truly wasting my life.

No, I don't think anyone really lives for more than 30 seconds once they reach the front line.

I often do live for more then 30 seconds even a few minutes at a time, the trick is to get the med pack before the other guy, Florp taught me this the hardway playing oldschool Quake at one of my Lans awhile back.
McRiot

http://www.razenet.com
Kisst - GuildWars 2 : Stormbluff Isle
McRiot - League of Legends
McRiot
King of Lan Partays!
King of Lan Partays!

Postby Fade Dunaway » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:48 pm

McRiot wrote:I often do live for more then 30 seconds even a few minutes at a time, the trick is to get the med pack before the other guy, Florp taught me this the hardway playing oldschool Quake at one of my Lans awhile back.

There's some definite DM-influence in TF2. Because you can take a couple shots and not die, controlling medpacks is really important. Darting around cover and firing, then retreating, it's a lot of skirmish-style fighting. If you commit to a fight you can't escape, you should try to only when you're confident you can win.

AKA Alcoholocaust
Fade Dunaway
Fogey
Fogey

Postby BigDXLT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:36 pm

cs_
BigDXLT

Return to Marx's Class Warfare (TF2 Forum)