Getting TF2 to play sound through my headphones...

Getting TF2 to play sound through my headphones...

Postby BigDXLT » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:36 pm

... when my "default playback device" is set to my speakers.

This is a new problem for me because I only just recently got (err made*) speakers for my comp. Vista is really nice in that I can change the volume settings for individual programs, but they didn't go that extra step and let me move programs from one playback device to another.

TF2 seems to ignore the in-game option of setting to headphones (it nods and says yes I did it, but sound is still coming from my speakers, and when I restart the game the setting is back to "2 speakers"). However, my player easily switches between the two...

Any ideas? Right now I just have my player go to my speakers and everything else defaults to my headphones (to get TF2 to go there.)

*My dad tends to salvage speakers and stuff, so telling him that I didn't have speakers for my computer made his eyes light right up. A busted ghettoblaster and a bit of solder later, I had a pair of unpowered speakers to use. I'd say they're loud enough to annoy the neighbours, but if I want to get evicted he gave me a 30 year old amp that would require just a bit more solder to get going.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Re: Getting TF2 to play sound through my headphones...

Postby mooseman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Weird. I just plug my headphones in and they work. I didn't even know I could have different sound profiles for different programs.
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Return to Marx's Class Warfare (TF2 Forum)