The Tale of the Spy

The Tale of the Spy

Postby BigDXLT » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Life has been tough as a spy.

The rampant pyro infestation has resulted in confined spaces being a bit too hot to hang around in. The modern spy must either seperate his prey from the herd, or kamikazee run for the betterment of his team. If you don't bump into someone on your way to that sentry (alerting that normally sedate and helpless medic who can still kill you before you can uncloak), or spontaneously explode due to a demoman's itchy trigger finger, you'll likely die in a fire.

A great mentor of mine once said "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball". He was killed by a randomly falling billboard. Sadly, despite all my practice, I still get hit by wrenches. But not tonight. No sir. Tonight I did something that you just don't see that often any more. I nearly blew it by tripping over a sentry, oh the temptation to sap, but I didn't. I carried on. I ran up through the top left tunnel of dustbowl. They thought I was there to check for spies. A medic looked at me, smiled as he nodded. He knew this was the pyro that was going to rush in and destroy the red base on the second point. He stepped aside to let me by. I felt like I was holding the olympic torch. An engy was to my left, he stopped wrenching for a moment to watch me as I passed. A soldier saluted me. A demo man bumped into me and looked back as if to say "oh, excuse me! The way is clear sir!" I had a medic in tow and I was going to win the game!

As the gate opened, I could feel the blue ubercharge begin to surge through my bones. It was ecstasy! As I ran down the stairs I started laughing maniacally! This was true power and I had all of it!

I ran through the red players, through their sentries and their dispensers. I couldn't hear the medic cursing at me for being such a bloody noob as he followed behind, pinned by a sentry. I sat on the point, in all my glory.

A god.

A man.

A bloody red spy!
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Re: The Tale of the Spy

Postby Niteowl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 am

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Return to Marx's Class Warfare (TF2 Forum)