NS2 Alpha

NS2 Alpha

Postby Beasty » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 pm

So, as soon as they release a linux binary I'll put up a server for people to play on. My guess is that with OVER NINE THOUSANDS!! pre-orders of the special edition servers will be pretty full... I may run a windows one depending on how long it will take to get a linux binary out but most likely the server will be password protected (If they can be, or I'll find some other way to hide it).
St0nkingByte wrote:I want a plugin where you can mount a skulk on the back of a gorge. When you do that the gorge only moves half as fast but the skulk can swivel around and fire 100 parasites a second.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Re: NS2 Alpha

Postby BigDXLT » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 pm

I was thinking similarly but I need to find out recommended server specs. I've got an older box here with Windows XP on it, even if it was a small server hosting a few people, it could be fun. My only gripe with the box in question, and reason I can't drag myself into making it a full time file/personal web/whatever server is the tiny fans in it are crazy loud. Anyone have advice on retrofitting a bigger fan onto a puny 60mm heatsink?
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Re: NS2 Alpha

Postby Nikon » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm

only a win32 binary is going to be released for the alpha, or so i read.

http://twitter.com/NS2/status/18614488877
Nikon.OldF a.k.a. iko | aimless | Boo Radley | Bacchus.OldF

"A true friend stabs you in the front" : Oscar Wilde
Nikon
Leaning Tower of Pieza
Leaning Tower of Pieza

Return to Babblers and Turrentz and Scorpions that Hovar OH MY! (NS forum)