NS2 dedicated servers

NS2 dedicated servers

Postby Beasty » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm playing around right now and I have a servers running. Feel free to test it out and see how it plays.

Baby Gorge | 173.203.50.90:27015
Password: gorge (if its set, once they fix the connection issues I'll remove))
Let me know if you can join. I have to run the server off my account so I can't test connect till I steal Bob@Work's account...
Last edited by Beasty on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
St0nkingByte wrote:I want a plugin where you can mount a skulk on the back of a gorge. When you do that the gorge only moves half as fast but the skulk can swivel around and fire 100 parasites a second.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Re: NS2 dedicated servers

Postby Frosty Topaz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:38 am

If it's up at lunchtime PST (or is it PDT right now??)... anyway, if it's up at noon pacific time I'll be there. And I may just run around with the switch axe only for laughs.

:axe:
Frosty Topaz

It isn't easy being ice-encrusted aluminum silicate flouride hydroxide...
Frosty Topaz
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Beasty » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 am

It seems to get full really fast and I can't tell if the thing ever crashes or not. In a few days I'll be putting a password up.
St0nkingByte wrote:I want a plugin where you can mount a skulk on the back of a gorge. When you do that the gorge only moves half as fast but the skulk can swivel around and fire 100 parasites a second.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Beasty » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:45 am

Good news! You only need the NS2 files to run a server and steam running. It doent require a license to run a dedicated server. So tonight when I get off work I'll rework my server and I'll finally be able to test it out and play with it.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Pykl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:53 pm

This is a pretty playable game now. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It would be nice to get the fogies back into it and potentially get a server up if anyone's got the gumption.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby shipwreck » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Oh I'm fulla gumption! You just tell me when and where to throw it around.
shipwreck
Grumblecake Connoisseur
Grumblecake Connoisseur

Postby Niteowl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am

Pykl wrote:This is a pretty playable game now. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It would be nice to get the fogies back into it and potentially get a server up if anyone's got the gumption.

I see you playing this pretty regularly. What servers do you like to play on?
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby Pykl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:02 pm

There are servers run by Inversion http://www.invns2.com, they also go by the name anagram and another one I can't remember right now. There are european games during the day which can be high pings and then theres one or two NA games at night so you're kinda restricted. You play wherever the game is going.

There is supposed to be a major patch out anyday. There are some balance issues that need to be worked out, like no onos so the aliens can have a hard time finishing the game if the marines have turret spammed base. Marines have all the toys but aliens are missing the onos, also the fade doesn't have the heal itself thing so always has to run to a hive to heal. Also the lerk doesn't get umbra and some of the alien tech things don't work. Generally aliens win though due to experience. Also there's only one playable map at the moment so hopefully they add some more soon. Games are pretty fun and come backs are possible. Once the game end issues get resolved its pretty close I'd say. A few server side tweaks and some frame rate issues but it's nearly there.

I forgot to mention on the marine they have yet to add heavy armour, hmg and jet packs. However Marines now have a flame thrower which does a DOT and stops aliens from regenning energy which means fades can't blink out. At the moment fades are pretty unstoppable unless you run into some bbq.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby mooseman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 pm

I've been watching the NS2HD vids and the game looks awesome. I gonna pull the trigger and buy it.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby Pykl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:59 am

It's still a beta so the only way to get it is to preorder. I think many of us did this a couple years ago.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am

i got it on preorder, would be fun to start this up again.
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby mooseman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I bought it. I've played a few hours. It plays very much like NS. It's great. Skulks and Lorks and Fades, oh my!

There are bugs, but it's totally playable. Performance was pretty good for me (I don't expect too much on my laptop). The game hasn't crashed on me at all.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Postby Pykl » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:33 pm

They just released a new build which was concentrated on bug fixes and performance improvements trying to stabilize things for a bit. The next build is supposed to introduce some third level stuff like onos, heavy armour etc so once that gets running smoothly they will be very close to release.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby BigDXLT » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 pm

And if anyone is experiencing freezes, I found that disabling the steam overlay fixed it. (Thanks pykl!)
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

i sometimes get this annoying bug where I can't where I can only move forwards or strafe right. Makes it kind of unplayable haha.
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Next

Return to Babblers and Turrentz and Scorpions that Hovar OH MY! (NS forum)