Nine years old

Nine years old

Postby mooseman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Happy Birthday to NS1. 9 Years old now.

Have had some great games in NS2. One very good dramatic turnaround on 'rines. The alien scum had us down to our last RT in base. The fades were closing in. Then flamethrowrs got finished and we got some desperation teamwork going and managed to take back the hallway, then Flight Control, then Heliport. Defended and built up a big base in Heliport and saved enough rez to build a whole pack of ARCs. Drove em to the crossroads hive and it was gone in 15 seconds. Drove them to the Datacore hive and it was gone in another 15.

Just holding the hallway right outside of base, as a group, focusing our fire on the fades seems like it's what did the trick and really what won the game. The marines on my team didn't just give up on that game for some reason. Maybe it was the single ARC that the commander drove out there and had us defend. Maybe that got us focused somehow.

Games like this are what I love about NS.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Re: Nine years old

Postby M373ora Fr34k » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

any oldf dedicated servers running ns2? I think it's time to restart this :D
I fear the Onos.

Find me on oldf servers as

"M373ora Fr34k" or "Dances With Skulks" or "Dies With Honor X_X"
M373ora Fr34k
Fogey
Fogey

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 pm

It's getting there. Glad to hear you've had a chance to play a proper game! Since I figured out my crashing glitch, I haven't been able to get on a game that was more than 2v2 or so...

It's funny to think, when I started NS, it was because I had bought a computer that could play CS with my college friends and a month later or so, got bored of that. While roaming planet halflife looking for an interesting mod to try (and I tried many!), I discovered this starcraft-ish game. A week later, I was in the download queue, fired it up (Nov 2nd if I recall... download was too slow to be in game on Halloween... :P), got lost and in a couple laggy games (Tanith! Then (original)Nancy!!) It was quite terrible, but I saw so much potential, and the succession of patches soon fixed performance problems.

The rest as they say, is history.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby Florp Incarnate » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

I would definitely help fund a fogey NS2 DS once the game is out of beta.
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby mooseman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:04 pm

I found NS a couple years later while doing a search for the biological term 'natural selection'. I was a big TFC player before that. NS was so much better I never went back.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
mooseman
Swamp Donkey Overlord
Swamp Donkey Overlord

Return to Babblers and Turrentz and Scorpions that Hovar OH MY! (NS forum)