[RELEASED!] co_nadir... AGAIN!

From game maps and mods to random artwork and writing, it's the place to be when your not at the coffeeshop or taking a nap!

Postby BigDXLT » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:48 pm

Some random shots. I think I'm pretty much finished. Just gotta do a final compile and package it all up! Hope to run some playtests some night, and if no major bugs are found, I'll call'er good! There is some stuff I'd like to tweak, (weird compile errors) but I think as is, it's playable. (Just not as detailed as I'd like in some rooms... the two old screenshots haven't changed much)
But then again, I could sit and tweak it on into eternity...
It'll be released by next weekend at the latest... I hope...

A hallway:
The readyroom:
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby Florp Incarnate » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:10 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

No stupid jutting wall details to trap and kill my fade!!!!!

BigD is the MAN
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:36 am

I'm going to make a map called fade trap and the whole point is it makes random jutting walls just to trap florp's fade.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby Feyd Rautha » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:26 pm

Fallout a practicing thread necromancer.. who would of guessed? :D :D
Feyd
(!wired)?(coffee++):(wired);
xbox360,PS3,skype: othermark
http://twitter.com/atkin901
Feyd Rautha
Best. Mic. Evar.
Best. Mic. Evar.

Postby Florp Incarnate » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:12 pm

fallout[aeronautics] wrote:I'm going to make a map called fade trap and the whole point is it makes random jutting walls just to trap florp's fade.

Ack!!!!

WHERE IS THE LURVE FALLOUT

I'M NOT FEELING IT :x
Florp Incarnate

Postby ZanzibarVic » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:15 pm

:shock: wow
ZanzibarVic
Over the Hill

Postby Niteowl » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:55 pm

Feyd Rautha wrote:Fallout a practicing thread necromancer.. who would of guessed? :D :D

hahhaha :D
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:14 pm

I'M NOT FEELING THE LOVE WHEN YOU RIP MY HEAD OFF WITH YOUR FADE FLORP.

Also, I'm not a thread necro, I think.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby BigDXLT » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:09 pm

Fallout, you soooooooooooooo necro'd this thread. Bwa!

BTW Florp, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!

Pfft... now it'll be delayed at LEAST a year to add these jutting things you speak of... Maybe I'll do it all in CLIP texture so taht then you can't even SEE the jutterying thingy mabodoohicles of DOOM?

On a serious note I'm thinking it would be best to do a couple private sessions (pw server so that random people don't just download it), then if all goes well, I'll let it go public and just update for new versions of NS. If there are no blaring bugs or problems, I can then release it and just say "good" and be done with it. Though I might not be able to play, I'd like to get feedback. And if I do need to update it, people who got it the first time can simply come and get the new version!
BigDXLT

Postby Florp Incarnate » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:26 pm

mabodoohicles of doom..... oh man... my days are numbered Image
Florp Incarnate

Postby fallout[aeronautics] » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:29 pm

Does 8 hours count as a thread necro?

I think not.
fallout[aeronautics]
Strigiformophobic
Strigiformophobic

Postby Niteowl » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:24 am

fallout[aeronautics] wrote:Does 8 hours count as a thread necro?

I think not.

STOP TRYING TO CAST OFF YER CLOAK OF THREADROMANCY!! WE SEE IT!! BEGONE *throws holy water* YAR!!!!!
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Postby nooby » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:09 pm

8 hours is a long day to some of us. :lol:
Life has a poignant twist to it.
nooby
OldF Scribe
OldF Scribe

Postby Florp Incarnate » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:01 am

Niteowl wrote:
fallout[aeronautics] wrote:Does 8 hours count as a thread necro?

I think not.

STOP TRYING TO CAST OFF YER CLOAK OF THREADROMANCY!! WE SEE IT!! BEGONE *throws holy water* YAR!!!!!

IT BURNS!!! IT BURNS OUR SKIN, OH HOW IT PAINS US!!!
Florp Incarnate

Postby BigDXLT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:49 am

Mister... spock... ... set, course... for... On TOPIC!

Ze map eez feeneeshed.

DOWNLOAD IS ON FIRST PAGE!
I'm hoping that someone would be so kind as to host the download for me, because my webspace isn't all to good, (and it would be nice if the fine folks at UNBC didn't find out that I'm using my webspace on their server for non-school related crap.)

I feel happy enough with it now.
It certainly is lacking in some areas, but this is my first "serious" map I've ever released, and boy oh howdy, with each map I learn that much more. I'm releasing it now because otherwise I'll tweak it on into infinity or until my eyes fall out. Seriously, I'm getting sick of looking at it again.

Any major bugs/suggestions feel free to post. If all seems to go well after it's been playtested, I'll post it on the ns.org mapping forum. If bugs arise, I'll revise (hey that rhymed! I'm so clever!) so until then I would advise that checking this thread would be wise. I won't be using a silly co_nadir_version57b12.bsp type naming scheme because that is a pain in the ass.

Also, I've written up a short background story on the map. (Also found in co_nadir.txt in the maps directory)

BACKSTORY:

Nadir Station is an old cargo and research facility. It was built by Azimuth Co. in part of an ongoing research project to monitor a black hole. It is part of a communications array set up so that the main base of operations (Azimuth Base) in the project (opposite side of the black hole from Nadir) can always communicate to the rest of the galaxy, no matter which part of the orbit it is in. This array is needed simply because black holes consume everything, including radio transmissions. While the side relay stations are simply large, unmannable satellites, Nadir was also built for research purposes. It allowed scientists to study the black hole as it evolved from boths sides concurrently.

After 50 years of research, Nadir came into disuse, so Azimuth Co. decided to make it a small cargo storage facility for the companies more "prized" research. It continues some of its original purpose, as a relay station and observation center, but most of it's once capable technology has been stripped and sold.

YOUR MISSION:

Recently, one of the containers containing a sample of an alien bacterium was dropped, infecting the station. While 90% of the facility was locked down, the final 10% has become infested. Not long after the evacuation, the station started wandering out of orbit. Fortunately, control was regained, but now is in a new orbit much closer to the black hole, to top it off, it is now in parallel orbit with a small, moon-size planet. This combination has caused a gravitational tug of war on the vessel and the stress is causing it fall apart. It is predicted stable for only a small period of time. Normally, this craft would be deemed to its doom, but Azimuth Co. has pulled some strings in the TSA and apparently some cargo of extreme value to the company is inside. Azimuth Co. needs the TSA to neutralize the Kharra threat as quickley as possible so their team can recover the valued containers and leave. The marines shall board the ship via an airlock 3 decks above where the alien threat is believed to have their hive. The elevator system, like much of the ship, is dysfunctional and is to be used at your own risk. Your commander will provide only the neccessities on a per-need basis. Good luck!
BigDXLT

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Shed out by the Garden