A Review of co_moira

From game maps and mods to random artwork and writing, it's the place to be when your not at the coffeeshop or taking a nap!

A Review of co_moira

Postby Florp Incarnate » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:11 am

So I sat there, eating my cold pasta, and gazing out into space through the porthole on moira station. The stars looked foreign, and I could tell that I was far, far from home.

There was a mysterious guitar song playing in the background. It reminded me of a time back on ganymede, at a certain bar, with a certain girl. But that's a different story altogether.

The entrance area to Moira station blew me away. This is the biggest, most elaborate ready room of any map, ever. We're talking like 5 stories here folks. It's like a high-priced french nightclub with infinitely winding corridors. Finally after chilling out in the VIP lounge upstairs listing to the music (cool song btw), I decided to choose a team and explore the station.

The entranceways for each species look awesome. You can tell that you're on a space station that is burrowed into an asteroid, as the doorways are rock tunnels. Serious attention to detail here.

I spawned in the hive room. It first occurred to me that this hive room would be way too easy to camp, but then I realized that it's a combat map, and it's necessary to build them that way. I then found a super long vent that took me over 30 seconds to navigate without finding another opening, and finally ended right in marine start. That's an interesting idea, but maybe it would be nice to have the vent open in a few other places.

I am super impressed with the architecture in the middle areas of this map. This is corridor combat at it's best. A few areas near the center and towards marine start really take the level vertically, and that will bring about some interesting battles in the future.

This map is also lovingly designed with skulks in mind; many corridors have overhangs and architecture for hiding skulks in ambush. Skulks will have a lot of fun in some areas here.

The large atrium center of the map is an impressively large room with entrances up and high and down below for both teams. There will be some serious air battles in this area, that much is obvious. There is also a huge bottomless pit for adrenless-fade-death hilarity!

Overall I think this map is one of the larger and more claustrophobic than most ns maps, but not negatively so, and it will add some variety to a server. I'm looking forward to playing a heated battle on this!........

OH WAIT, it's Fogey & Regulars Night next Wednesday Night!!!! Will this be the grand opening of co_moira, by our own BigD? Show up and find out! Sometime after 5pm PST, Wesnesday, October 26.
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Postby BigDXLT » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:32 am

<3
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Return to Tool Shed out by the Garden