Map I tink I might try to make

From game maps and mods to random artwork and writing, it's the place to be when your not at the coffeeshop or taking a nap!

Map I tink I might try to make

Postby Mail' (Gecko) » Sat May 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Do you guys think a map that had a Power room with a switch in it that controlled ship wide power "IE power on: marines get a map advantage, power off aliens: get a map advatage, power in emergancy mode: no advantage"

effects include water levels, Air being blown through vents, and any other effects I might think of.

Water:
No power: water level is risen providing cover for skulks, due to not being able to see through it. but in such a way it doesn't hurt fades or lerks.

half power:Water level is lower to be nothing special, but still provides some spawn cover in hive

full power:Water level lowered providing no cover to spawn points.
for example

This is providing I can actualy do any of it. which I belive I can.
Mail' (Gecko)
Dirty Old Man

Postby BigDXLT » Sat May 27, 2006 11:28 pm

The trick is, to be able to do that while maintaining balance and keeping your entity count in check. Not to mention avoiding the weirdness that the half life engine has with coordinating entities over the internets. This is where the source version of ns should excel, but I think it is possible, if you're thinking like ns_shiva's datacore hive.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Postby Mail' (Gecko) » Sun May 28, 2006 1:40 am

after much thinking and realizing what you said, im gonna make a competive map instead. ill post screen shots along the way
Mail' (Gecko)
Dirty Old Man

Postby Beasty » Tue May 30, 2006 8:12 pm

That would be an awesome map. As long as each team had a change to win if the other had control of the power.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Postby KevLaR » Wed May 31, 2006 8:46 pm

howabout a map with stars that fall from the sky like that secret room from the old hera. Ok, but as the stars fall, there is a trippy aurora thats mooving by and at the top are Arrows <- ^ v ->

On the bottom ..

:wink:
~~Ieee shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the dep-u-tee~~~
KevLaR
Feeling the Years Pile Up

Postby Beasty » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:48 pm

THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. A giant DDR map. Fades would own.
Beasty
Fogey
Fogey

Return to Tool Shed out by the Garden