With the interest of messing around with Hammer & NS...

From game maps and mods to random artwork and writing, it's the place to be when your not at the coffeeshop or taking a nap!

With the interest of messing around with Hammer & NS...

Postby McRiot » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:31 am

Just wondering if anyone knows what version of hammer I should use, what compile tools I should look at if I'm say.. considering looking back into an old NS map I started. I'm not entirely sure where to start or how to configure and setup hammer for NS files.

Just thought I would ask. All my old resources are dead or discontinued or posted 5 years ago.
McRiot

http://www.razenet.com
Kisst - GuildWars 2 : Stormbluff Isle
McRiot - League of Legends
McRiot
King of Lan Partays!
King of Lan Partays!

Re: With the interest of messing around with Hammer & NS...

Postby BigDXLT » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 pm

My info might be out of date, but should be effective enough to work with: Hammer 3.5(beta) is the newest version that still works with Goldsrc engine games. Look for Hammer 3.4 and then download the Hammer 3.5 beta patch. DO NOT use Hammer 4 as found in the steam tools. That version is intended for Source engine games, unless you want a real good headache.

As for compiling the map, apparently I was last using Cagey's P15 tools. However, I'm sure I ended up going back to the newer ones for the later compiles of moira once the new branch was fixed.

The NS forums are about the best resource for finding this stuff anymore. There are a couple of people there that still fiddle with the things by the looks of it.
Funner then chuckin' rocks at a sign!
BigDXLT
the First Motorized Sasquatch
the First Motorized Sasquatch

Return to Tool Shed out by the Garden