Press O for Oldf... or Oatmeal.. your choice.

The Life and Times of the Old Fogies NS2 server.

Press O for Oldf... or Oatmeal.. your choice.

Postby w0k » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Tired of typing in "connect" every time you fire up NS2? Me too! Luckily being an old Q3 junkie, binding stuff is my friend. Here's how binding stuff can be your friend too!

1. Open up your console by pressing the ~ key on your keyboard, then type in the following:

bind O "connect"

This will make it so if you press O on your keyboard, it will connect you to the gw server. Note that you have to use the capital O when you run the command in your console for it to work. That should be far enough from your normal placement (assuming ASDF) that you shouldn't accidentally hit it mid-game, but feel free to replace O with whatever character you want (keeping in mind that you have to capitalize it).

2. Then enter the following command:

bind P "connect PASSWORD"

Replace PASSWORD with the current server password. If pressing O brings up the incorrect password prompt, simply hit P, and it will connect using the appropriate password. To update it later, just run the bind command again and change the password.

Now go get yourself some oatmeal from the cafeteria... I'm pretty sure the nurse there has a thing for me so keep your hands off her!
Ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking.
Young Insolent Whipper Snapper

Re: Press O for Oldf... or Oatmeal.. your choice.

Postby Florp Incarnate » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Niiiiiiiiice! Good post!
Florp Incarnate
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord
Resident Non-Thieving Pie Overlord

Return to Geriatric Ward NS2 Server