Trolls abound on the NS2 servers

The Life and Times of the Old Fogies NS2 server.

Re: Trolls abound on the NS2 servers

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 am

Thank's for the report Meowmix. Using steam ID finder, I have confirmed the steam profile page is indeed linked to the steam ID you posted. I'm going to report that profile for hacking and trolling. You don't by chance have a link to his streaming page? I wasn't able to discern it from the screenshot.

We generally have a policy here where an admin has to be there first hand to take action. I'm going to link this info to our internal watch list. Please remember to try and nab a fogie via the steam group if action needs to be taken on the server. Also, as a res slot holder you can use sv_eject <playername/id> to forcefully remove someone from the command station/hive. Situations like these are a perfect example for good use of sv_eject.

The guy Naga banned, as naga described, seemed to be doing ok, but then recycled base when his team was losing. Its a super dick move, but I find if someone does something out of anger, we cut him a slight amount of slack. However if we have any more problems with that player, a permanent ban will be sure to follow. Now if people are trolling outright, I feel immediate permanent bans are appropriate.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby MeowMix » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 am

This was the URL he WAST streaming from last night.

http://www.twitch.tv/mr_fox_1

I was on aliens when this all took place so I wasn't on marines but I did run to Gap before the marines surrendered and could see them all stuck in a rail as they spawned.

I might have been mistaken I think about who banned him I think it might have been "Matchhead" there were a couple people last night who needed to be dealt with.

I wish I had a better computer to use fraps because I would have grabed some video of him going to different servers and troll comming. he would get in a server and vote eject while saying over mic the comm was wasting res, or moving to slow, or spamming mic. and then get in and play normal for a min or 2 and then he would recycle everything and spam an insane amount of Medpacks/Ammo in 1 spot. I only remember 1 of the servers he also did it on was a "156" server and he said he was surprised he could get back in because they said they banned him.

He actually joined the server as Mr fox. and then started fucking everything up for them and changed his name to his twitch url, that's how i found him.

edit: Also I was wondering if anyone said anything about him on the forums elsewhere, and it looks like he did it him self.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discuss ... nt_2094062

He also was banned from the forums.
MeowMix
Young Insolent Whipper Snapper

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Good detective work. Yeah matchead temp banned someone for similar behaviour. I'm debating where it should be a permanent ban or not.

You can always record a demo and upload it. From that, I could always fraps the demo so it's easier for everyone to see it. Here's a link to the guide:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discuss ... rder-guide

Remember that you have to be disconnected from a server to start it. Demos are only compatible with the build they were recorded on.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Postby mrmoo2002 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok, I also reported his steam account to VAC for the cheating violation with a link to the twitch.tv video. He only has this game on his account so it wont do much, but whatever.
mrmoo2002
Feeling the Years Pile Up

Postby TomTom » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:34 am

A guy who went by the name 5/p.,**d played on the marine team twice, each time as comm. He told everyone except his buddy "RAPE MAN" to move out. Once the players were out of base he sold the ip. The Geriatric Ward Server died after the second time he did this, since it was clear he would troll again and wasn't intent on leaving either.

His Steam ID: 0:0:22620454

It was too bad no admins where on. They would have made short work of him.
Rock on, neo-rockers.
TomTom
Young Insolent Whipper Snapper

Postby Faust » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 am

Thanks for the report TomTom. I looked him up in the server logs, and there is indeed evidence of him mass recycling stuff on round start. I'm now going to permanently ban him. I'll try to add you to our steam community group. Hopefully in the future, you can find an active admin in the steam community group to deal with this stuff in real time.
Faust
Fogey
Fogey

Previous

Return to Geriatric Ward NS2 Server