ns_thepyramidb03 !!

Our Public Forum. Discuss anything with Old Fogies here

ns_thepyramidb03 !!

Postby The Nighthawk » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:12 am

Alright, the ladders don't assault your cornea any longer, and you can actually see through the grating in the marine start! Thanks to Sputgop for sending me in the right direction on those issues.

The Marine start has been rebuilt, along with the double res room, to make it less likely one would build turrets in the res room from a TF in marine start. It's still possible, and truthfully, there's no way around it right now. Even on published maps like ns_nothing, in the viaduct hive you can build turrets on the walkway from a TF on the bottom floor. There doesn't seem to be a workaround for vertical building restrictions.

There were minor cosmetic changes, but otherwise nothing else changed. I'm happy with it now, in terms of layout and playability. It's by no means a pretty map, but that wasn't my intent at this point. We can bash it around for a couple of weeks and see if it's worthy to continue to improve aesthetically.

Options for the future include, doors, welds, and vents. But those will be put in after suggestions from everyone on where they would fit in best. For now, it's time to play!
A person who won't think has no advantage over someone who can't think
The Nighthawk
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!

Postby Niteowl » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:09 am

it's up on OM :D
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Return to General