What game scanner do you use?

All-Seeing Eye
70%
Gamespy
30%

Total votes : 10

Game Scanner / Server Finder ?

Postby mowph » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:30 am

Just wondering what game scanners everyone uses...

I used to use gamespy because it was free and didn't suck. Now it's bloatware with unnecessary content, ads, and costs. Switched over to the Eye and couldn't be happier. Anyone else found anything better?

Post to the thread and I will add choices for other programs.
mowph
Nipponophile
Nipponophile

Postby dklein » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:41 am

Generally, I tend to use GameTiger and its associated website; seems to work.
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby McRiot » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:56 pm

I use serverinfo http://www.sciencedrive.com/ServerInfo/download.htm for searching good servers, keeping track of my regular servers ect. However it doesn't have a buddy system. I used to use gamespy then ads made it the suckiest browser around. The I tried All Seeing Eye, but the limit on the buddy system kinda sux and I never found a crack for it. So i just went back to using serverinfo although no buddy system I know most the servers that my buddies play in and I have the most fun in so I usally keep the top ten servers I like for the various mods in my list and simply scan through them for players I want to play with. I also have hlsw installed pretty good program as well just haven't used it much http://www.hlsw.org/?language=English both programs have a fairly good interface for remote rcon to servers and hlsw takes control over your server even farther, with admin mod, ban management, irc bot annoucing (announes scores, stats ect in an irc channel and more. Anyway, that's my gaming experience :)
McRiot

http://www.razenet.com
Kisst - GuildWars 2 : Stormbluff Isle
McRiot - League of Legends
McRiot
King of Lan Partays!
King of Lan Partays!

Hehe

Postby mowph » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:15 am

Hehe. Just noticed that I can edit the post, but not the poll. After a few days I'll trash this and set it up again with the other options as suggested by everyone else.
mowph
Nipponophile
Nipponophile

ASE

Postby zzSleeper » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:07 pm

ASE all the way, i can't stand gamespy
/zzSleeper
/Jonathan
zzSleeper
Utility Belt Wearing Battlemech Pilot
Utility Belt Wearing Battlemech Pilot

Postby rooster » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:23 am

Anyone use .hlla? I just got it and it seems like ASE with a couple more options and no annoying registering reminders if you haven't bought it. One of the most usefull things about it is that unlike ASE, in which you had to register to search for players by clan tag, hlla allows you to do it for free so its like ASE + gametiger.
Artur

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye - then it's just fun you can't see." - James Hetfield
rooster
Fogey
Fogey

Postby The Nighthawk » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:57 am

I haven't experienced this miracle known as hlla. Where does one find such an incredible product? :D
A person who won't think has no advantage over someone who can't think
The Nighthawk
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!
Dagger, Shield, CLAW!!!

Postby rooster » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:16 am

:) http://www.hlla.net/ or http://www.hlla.net/download.php?action ... la1216.exe if you just want to go download it

Although this might seem more obvious to some then to me, after you set everything up, including under internet filters a Half-Life NS filter *hint*, to get to the full server browser, not just your favorites list, you click on '.hlla | Gamebrowser' near the bottom of the screen if you use the Advanced mode, which seems better then classic. In the gamebrowser you can then pick the NS filter you previously set up.
Artur

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye - then it's just fun you can't see." - James Hetfield
rooster
Fogey
Fogey

Postby Furious Gorge » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:14 pm

rooster wrote::) http://www.hlla.net/ or http://www.hlla.net/download.php?action ... la1216.exe if you just want to go download it

Although this might seem more obvious to some then to me, after you set everything up, including under internet filters a Half-Life NS filter *hint*, to get to the full server browser, not just your favorites list, you click on '.hlla | Gamebrowser' near the bottom of the screen if you use the Advanced mode, which seems better then classic. In the gamebrowser you can then pick the NS filter you previously set up.

OMG! I've been playing with this the last couple of days after ASE was just giving me problems (for not being registered...heheh). HLLA is HELLA GREAT! It's a little bit trickier than ASE to get it to show you what you need or configure it to work the way you want it to, but once you're used to it, it seems to be as good, if not better, than ASE! :)

THanks Rooster!! :)
Furious Gorge
OldF sekrat polizei
OldF sekrat polizei

Postby rooster » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:24 am

:D no problem

Yea I agree that to get it to work just right you have to work a little harder than with ASE, but its worth it once its running in my opinion. The only thing that really got on my nerves at first was that I didn't realize you have to save your 'favorites' list, so I lost it the first time I restarted my system. But nevertheless, I stronly recommend it.
Artur

rooster
Fogey
Fogey

Postby dklein » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:37 am

I've had problems with HLLA. I'm a simple kind of folk, though, and anything more complicated than GameTiger breaks my intellect, I think :)
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby Niteowl » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:17 am

lol dan, man you just SUCK up any sorta image that come from team orin and make it your own, saaaaah wweeeeet :D :) ;)

btw, do we have any sorta artist type in our ranks to make neato artwork?
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl
Mad Professor Hootarius the Stealer of Space Cookies

Postby dklein » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:51 am

Niteowl wrote:lol dan, man you just SUCK up any sorta image that come from team orin and make it your own, saaaaah wweeeeet :D :) ;)

btw, do we have any sorta artist type in our ranks to make neato artwork?

Artists would be very welcomed!

Thing is... the Orin images are just _itching_ to be used as avatars. The onos is sooo cuuuute! :lol:
dklein
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!
That's ONE RICH HEINY!!

Postby Pykl » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:12 pm

I started using Kali when I first came online playing netmech. It's a good strong browser for a lifetime fee of $10 or something. The guy has been having financial troubles lately so I dunno if its' a good buy at this time. Works good tho. The demo gives you 15 mins then shuts down. So you can prolly use it in demo.
Pykl
Elder
Elder

Postby Niteowl » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:27 pm

holy.

cow.

Kali. that' brings back a RUSH of memories, that and MPlayer. shiiiite!! thanks for the nostalgia Pikl!!

visions of quake 1 coming at me like crazay ! :) :D
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
Terry Pratchett
Niteowl

Next

Return to General